Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 AM

16 posts, read 66,408 times

Advertisements

This post will most likely be best answered by my fellow Lady St. Louisians. I am looking for one of The Best Hair Stylists in St. Louis to cut my hair and on this occasion, remedy a botched hair cut. I need someone with A LOT of experience and recent European training. I don't just want someone with a license to cut hair from a local community college. I want someone with passion, depth and understanding for their profession. Is there anyone/salon that you would recommend??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM

287 posts, read 1,086,475 times
Try CD Rom on the Hill (goofy name, but she did a fantastic job). I once went there for the same reason, and was very happy with my haircut. Ask for the owner. She's pricey, but she used to work as a stylist for some studios in Hollywood and knows her stuff.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:21 AM

275 posts, read 1,124,527 times
I know this is on the Illinois side of the river, but I love my gal. She has her own biz, and takes the profession very seriously. She is one of the trainers for Paul Mitchell Salons, and you won't find anyone more passionate about the industry. She also colors (highlights) my hair, and I've been stopped in numerous grocery stores by total strangers asking who does my hair. And... I have TERRIBLE, STICK-STRAIGHT, FINE, DO NOTHING HAIR! My only regret is I didn't have this gal doing my hair in high school when I fought the eighties hair torture! Here is the name of the salon and her name:
A Signature Hollywood Salon - Barri is my stylist (and the owner)
Here is the website for
Barri: http://www.signaturehollywood.com/profiles/BarriAllen.asp?LID= (broken link)

Old 12-12-2008, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 22,029 times
Default Amazing

I agree with the post about A Signature Hollywood Salon! I always have the best experience there.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 17,418 times
Looking for Hairstylist named Simone that worked at Mastercuts in Northwest Plaza, st. ann mo. Need her badly [email]blessedabundance@sbcglobal.net[/email]

Old 08-11-2010, 02:25 PM

132 posts, read 389,361 times
Not sure about the European training, but I highly recommend Bouffant Daddy in Maplewood (Bouffant Daddy). I've been going there for about 9 months, and it's the first time in my life that I feel like the stylist actually listens to me *and* works with me to achieve the look I want. Instead of my haircuts looking blah after a week, they pretty much look the same until my next appointment (I go every 6-7 weeks).

My stylist is Erin. She gave me a free consultation before I started going there (which was on the recommendation of a friend). The salon is very hip and diverse. I'm not very hip myself (!), but I dislike the places where every stylist is a bleach blond with a fake tan. You get originality and creativity at Bouffant Daddy.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM

419 posts, read 1,332,156 times
St. Louis Salon – Dominic Michael Salon

Costs a little more, but worth every penny...

Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 15,555 times
I am very picky about my hair style and colour so was delighted when during my visit to St Louis I found the Aveda spa near the Ritz in Clayton.

Everything from the aveda aromatherapy at the start of the hair cut, the complimentary hand massage while my colour set, to the application of lipstick before you leave the warmth of this incredibly friendly beautifully designed salon was a joyful experience. (I almost felt I was back in London!)

Now a few days later and after washing my hair, the cut still looks great and I cannot recommend the Ethos Aveda spa highly enough!

173 Carondelet Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63105, United States
(314) 448-0080
[url=http://www.ethosaveda.com/location.php]Ethos Aveda Salon[/url]

Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM

50 posts, read 124,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieNeno View Post
St. Louis Salon – Dominic Michael Salon

Costs a little more, but worth every penny...
I agree with this. I used to work at DM Salon and everyone is very professional and is required to take advanced education year around.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 PM

3 posts, read 23,247 times
where can i go to get and great hair do at, im looking to get a feather bob please help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis