U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 AM

5,812 posts, read 17,701,875 times

Advertisements

The Blender » Blog Archive » The Pageant remains tops for worldwide concert-going (http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/the-blender/the-blender/2008/10/the-pageant-remains-tops-for-worldwide-concert-going/ - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 AM

789 posts, read 1,254,092 times
I was there last night to see Opeth. They were amazing!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:13 PM

1,816 posts, read 5,453,881 times
The Pageant is a good venue and they do a solid job of booking acts.

There isn't any competition for them as their would be in other markets. It'd be nice if Stl had more and better venues and a more concentrated music scene.

Geographically Stl is in a tough spot, and there is a small but decent music scene that one has to seek out, but Stl can do better in this dept.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:51 PM

9 posts, read 24,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
I was there last night to see Opeth. They were amazing!
bah i wish i could have caught that but I don't move to st louis until next week! death cab played with the fleet foxes on that same night at the fox - another venue I look forward to frequenting. between those two and blueberry hill, I look forward to a "decent" live music scene...it's no chicago, but it's better than what I'm used to in Iowa, a virtual no man's land for national touring bands.

can anyone recommend any smaller clubs for indie/alt bands, preferably in the CWE area? There's a thread here for "underground" music but the poster was referring more to rave/techno music...I'm thinking more mainstream acts that are less likely to fill a theatre venue. Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis