Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 04:02 PM

4 posts, read 8,765 times

Advertisements

First, thanks to everyone who answered my questions about places before. I'm going to be moving soon, and have a general question about a certain area.

I've been looking at several apartments in the Forest Park area, specifically on Union, Clara, Kingsbury, Pershing, etc. Some include Park Station and other places around these streets and Debaulivere area as well. My question is, what is this area like? Is it safe, and close to entertainment? Those are my two biggest concerns.

Also, been looking at places at 20th and Delmar. What is this area like?

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 08:57 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
You would be alot closer to entertainment if you lived on the East side of Forest Park. That would be anywhere near Euclid between Forest Park Parkway and Washington. I would specifically say to live in an apartment building on West Pine, Lindell, or Maryland. As for safety, the North side of the park (what you are referring to) is safe enough. You won't have to worry about personal safety on any side of the park. However, I would guess (just my own opinion) that there is a higher probability for car beak-ins and the like in the places you are referring to (not that it would be a high probability by any means - but it would be a higher probability than the East or West side).

Old 11-28-2008, 06:11 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
agree with oscottscotto. that Debaliviere/Clara/Belt neighborhood is about 1.5 miles from all the entertainment on Euclid, and about 1.5 miles in the other direction is the Delmar loop, which is also a good entertainment district. You might do better living a little closer to one of those. Not so sure about 20th and Delmar, but I think that borders on a high crime district (to the north). I'd stick with the idea of renting somewhere around Forest Park.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:03 PM

4 posts, read 8,765 times
Thanks for the advice so far. Let me also add in that I am looking for the same information for these areas also.

Lindell, around the 4300 block
Park Lane apartments (4907 West Pine)
Corner of Olive and Sarah

Thanks so much!

Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
Jimbo-- I don't know about the Park Lane building, but that neighborhood is super-primo for someone who wants nearby entertainment.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:33 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo26 View Post
Thanks for the advice so far. Let me also add in that I am looking for the same information for these areas also.

Lindell, around the 4300 block
Park Lane apartments (4907 West Pine)
Corner of Olive and Sarah

Thanks so much!

I live in Park Lane. It's decent. It's an old building (and you won't have a dishwasher + will have to do laundry in the basement), but it's in a great area. I would just check any complex on West Pine, Laclede, Maryland, or Lindell (west of Newstedt).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis