Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2007, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,769 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I am looking for a guy I met while visiting my sister back in 1983.
I was 14. His name was DANNY. That is all I know. He was in a BAND that was popular called "CANDY". The radio station back then was KHTR, and they played their music and sponsored some of their gigs. I went to a park called
"QUEENIE PARK", for a DANCE PARTY. That is where I saw them.
Danny and I became friends, and wrote to eachother for a couple of years. then we drifted apart. I am now almost 38, married with 2 children. He would be going on 50! WOW. I have always wondered what happened to him.
The lead singer of the band was "JOHN BARTLET", I think. Danny played BASS.
The guitar players name was "STEVE OLSEN", I think. It's weird that I never knew DANNY'S last name. At the time he lived in ST. CHARLES. That is all I know. If anyone can help me, I would be forever grateful!

Another person I am looking for in the area is JACKIE PERKINS (maiden name).
We became friends also, but through the years lost contact. She was from BALLWIN, MO. She would be about 39. She has a younger brother named STEVE. Please let me know if you can help. THANKS AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 AM

81 posts, read 377,063 times
Default Try Classmates.com

Can't help you, but have you tried Classmates.com or Reunion.com? I've gotten back in touch with quite a few old friends over the years thru there. Helps if you know last names though, but even maiden ones are usually listed.

-Rhonda

Old 03-06-2007, 04:32 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,939 times
I sent you a private message that might or might not help.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:29 PM
kzf

1 posts, read 1,718 times
Default I can Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobgal View Post
Hi everyone! I am looking for a guy I met while visiting my sister back in 1983.
I was 14. His name was DANNY. That is all I know. He was in a BAND that was popular called "CANDY". The radio station back then was KHTR, and they played their music and sponsored some of their gigs. I went to a park called
"QUEENIE PARK", for a DANCE PARTY. That is where I saw them.
Danny and I became friends, and wrote to eachother for a couple of years. then we drifted apart. I am now almost 38, married with 2 children. He would be going on 50! WOW. I have always wondered what happened to him.
The lead singer of the band was "JOHN BARTLET", I think. Danny played BASS.
The guitar players name was "STEVE OLSEN", I think. It's weird that I never knew DANNY'S last name. At the time he lived in ST. CHARLES. That is all I know. If anyone can help me, I would be forever grateful!

Another person I am looking for in the area is JACKIE PERKINS (maiden name).
We became friends also, but through the years lost contact. She was from BALLWIN, MO. She would be about 39. She has a younger brother named STEVE. Please let me know if you can help. THANKS AGAIN!

Please PM me, I am sad to admit I was a HUGE groupie of the Band, please get in touch with me, as I am sure that we probably met at some point, as I was at almost EVERY concert at Queeny Park they preformed!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,769 times
Default OMG!!! I JUST found your reply!!!

WOW....I can't believe that it has been this long since i have check out this post. Do you have any info on Danny and the band? I am going to try and send you a PM..if I can figure it out!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:58 PM

250 posts, read 706,495 times
slowest post ever

Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM

529 posts, read 1,009,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobgal View Post
WOW....I can't believe that it has been this long since i have check out this post. Do you have any info on Danny and the band? I am going to try and send you a PM..if I can figure it out!!!

Left click on kzf and select Send a direct message to kzf. Glad to assist with the hook-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis