Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM

80 posts, read 222,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stistie View Post
Here's a few I am looking at
4531 Washington Blvd
4263 Delmar Blvd
5193 Enright Ave
Kristie
Slightly off-topic but the house on Enright is actually in the Academy neighborhood and not the CWE. Likewise, the house on Delmar is technically in the Vandeventer neigborhood, though for all practical purposes it is on the border and would probably qualify as CWE if it was on the south side of the street. Importantly, though, the MLS listings for both homes incorrectly state that they are in the CWE. There are some unscrupulous realtors out there who like to change neighborhood boundaries on the listings to try to increase the salability and value of a home. Certainly the house on Enright and the house on Delmar are near the CWE, but the realtors are factually incorrect in stating that they are in the CWE. The official boundaries for the CWE are Delmar to the North, Vandeventer to the East, DeBaliviere to the West, and I-64 to the south. I would presume that these kinds of deceptions happen around other desirable neighborhoods as well and it is something to be aware of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 05:49 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
I would definitely go with U City. Flynn Park elementary and Jackson Park are both good, and also the closest to Danforth campus. Flynn probably has the most desirable housing stock (south of Delmar), walking distance to Danforth (ie less than a mile) and in today's market you can probably find 2000 square feet for 300 or less. Look in the area bounded by Pershing (south), Delmar (north), Big Ben (east) and Hanley (west)-- that is a beautiful neighborhood. I live in Jackson Park elementary district and we still send our kid to private school, though every time I look at the tuition bill I ask myself why. Have cool neighbors who are plenty happy with J Park elementary. Flynn also has a strong parent involvement, high academic ratings, etc.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:59 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
on second thought, 2000 sf in flynn district for under 300 could be tough. possible but tough. definitely possibly in J Park district though.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 AM

10 posts, read 24,791 times
Thanks for your information. Talking with my husband he definitely wants to go with U. City so we'll be looking in that area. Any other pointers or tips you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis