Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 AM

80 posts, read 159,357 times

Advertisements

We moved here three years ago, bought a nice home in West County, and were excited to settle down. We have lived all over the world while serving our country.
I must say that I have never lived in more hate filled place in my life. Soon after moving into our home a neighbor started stalking me. When he didn't get what he wanted he ruined my reputation in my new neighborhood, and it seems, all of our neighbors are willing to believe his trash. This is hard for me to understand as I don't know any of these people.

I have been nothing but friendly to everyone, and tried very hard to keep the peace in this neighborhood, to the detriment of myself.

One neighbor robbed another neighbor, and the two women have nearly come to blows on the sidewalk in front of my home, both before and after the robbery occurred. My next door neighbor has stood in her front yard and screaming to me that I have no friends in the neighborhood. Her husband shook his fist in my face one morning while screaming at me to turn my music down in my car. Well, after this I'm not nice, and I never will be kind to these people ever again. I will not sacrifice my mental health to keep the peace any longer. The police have been involved, and were told that everyone in this neighborhood is afraid of me, because I served in the military. Good I hope they are pee their pants out of fear every time they see me.

I don't have any friends in my neighborhood, and I do not want these people as my friends.

I started grad school at one of the local universities, but after all of this, and trust me the bad neighborhood experiences continue, I feel I have nothing to offer in this community, and no one has anything to offer me. How I wish I could see things differently.

Everyone says move, but we have moved so much that we feel if these people don't want to live near us let them move. Another part of me wants to move; let these people have each other.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 10:25 AM

105 posts, read 309,501 times
Sorry to hear about your experience. What town in west county did you move into? I know that people in this town (stl in general) can be pretty rough on outsiders at times, but nothing like what you are experiencing.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 PM

711 posts, read 2,107,950 times
This is pretty far-fetched, and it certainly doesn't sound like you are living in west county. Where are you living?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:19 PM

711 posts, read 2,107,950 times
Let me reneg my last comment...it kind of does sound like the type of people that would live in west county; holier than thou, I have more money than you, etc.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times
If this is indeed true, you might want ot try moving ot the city where people are more respectful and personal.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:15 PM

80 posts, read 159,357 times
We live in the Ballwin-Manchester area. Just yearerday my neighbor ran outside as I returned home. She started talking to her dogs about me, calling me the "b" word ect... I think this woman has mental health issues. All I know is that happy people don't act this way. Part of me feels kind of bad for these people. I just can't let them rub off on me. When the market gets better we are going to sell, and find a better place to live. I just don't want to move again, we moved so much in the military.

Last edited by SCB123; 01-08-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: missing word

Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Although crime might be higher (depending on the neighborhood), the city might be easier on you. The city homes might be cheaper, and the people might not be as crazy. You will have a little more crime probably, but saner people, and maybe more diversity.

I've never lived in Ballwin or the city, but I can't think of any place you'll find crazier people than what you describe.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:29 PM

147 posts, read 383,845 times
Sounds like you're just in a weird neighborhood. Don't use your experiences there to judge St. Louis or St. Louisans as a whole.

And I'd echo the recommendations to check out the city or inner-ring suburbs. You need to get out of that crazy neighborhood!

Edit: Thanks for serving our country, BTW.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB123 View Post
She started talking to her dogs about me, calling me the "b" word ect... I think this woman has mental health issues.
Sounds like one bad apple is ruining it for everyone. Try not to let it bother you!

edit: You might also look into selling your place right now. Much of West County appears to be largely insulated from the calamitous market -- homes in places like Des Peres in particular are still selling like hot cakes.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 AM

321 posts, read 1,003,851 times
Over the years I have lived in five different neighborhoods in St. Louis city and county and I will have to say in each place that the vast majority of the neighbors and very nice and pleasant, but there is always one crazy neighbor on just about every block or two. I do not think moving to or from any specific neighborhood will protect you from having a local sourpuss, since every neighborhood typically has someone they complain about. All you can hope is that the lunatic is not your next door neighbor, but hopefully 2 or 3 houses down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis