Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM

4 posts, read 15,757 times

Advertisements

I think May, June and September have the best weather here in St. Louis. The weather is usually nice, pleasant, and warm.

March, April, October, and November have pretty good weather to. The weather is usually nice, pleasant, and cool. October and November I think might be just alittle better because it's usually not so rainy.

December, January, February, July, and August are the 5 that I can do without because December, January, and February are too chilly and freezing and July and August are too hot and humid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 AM

11 posts, read 37,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJohnston_STL View Post
I wouldn't say July...perhaps April? I LOVED last Summer, it was very mild and only had a couple of weeks of miserable humidity. I don't care who you are or how long you've lived here, I don't think you ever get used to it!
Last summer was MILD?! ugh...we had totally different experiences. Unfortunately (such as May this year so far) the weather is so hard to predict, but May is good, early in June you can start getting hot. Mid October starts to cool off again and it can be really nice into early November. Our "nice" periods seem to be getting shorter though. But even as frigid and horrible this winter was, I will still take that over the steam bath in the summer! I'm not a fishy...I don't like to breathe water!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:20 PM

216 posts, read 627,625 times
Having lived in several other midwestern cities (Chicago, Columbus, OH, Peoria, Il), I can safely say that I HATE St. Louis weather. The summers blow and the winters don't seem to be THAT much different than Chicago. Snow is snow/Cold is Cold. I would take the awesome springs/summers/fall of Chicago over the St. Louis weather anyday. The humidity is horrible and, as a result, it's one of the worst cities for allergies. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:09 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,609,042 times
Chicago has awesome springs? You mean that one week in mid-June?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,596,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoerin View Post
Having lived in several other midwestern cities (Chicago, Columbus, OH, Peoria, Il), I can safely say that I HATE St. Louis weather. The summers blow and the winters don't seem to be THAT much different than Chicago. Snow is snow/Cold is Cold. I would take the awesome springs/summers/fall of Chicago over the St. Louis weather anyday. The humidity is horrible and, as a result, it's one of the worst cities for allergies. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.
St. Louis winters are nothing like what they get and Chicago. It's warmer here, we get a lot less snow and most importantly we don't get the dangerously low wind chills. And the spring and fall seasons are similar to Chicago only longer. Chicago also his it's fair share of miserably hot summer days.

St. Louis weather isn't perfect but it's far from yuck.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:56 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,000,204 times
Winters are easy. spring and fall are nice. Summers suck.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:11 PM

4 posts, read 15,757 times
Actually, October is my favorite. The weather is always nice. It's the month to me that the weather in st. louis that the weather is never too hot, too cold, nor usually too rainy. May is my 2nd favorite. The weather is usually nice, although sometimes it does get too hot, but usually it doesn't get hot just yet. September is my 3rd favorite. The weather is usually nice most of the month, although early in the month, the heat is still bad, wich means it's still too hot, but by mid september, the weather usually starts to get alot nicer, although sometimes it can still be too hot until the end of the month.

April is my 4th favorite. The weather is usually nice, although it might be rainy, but theres also alot of nice days. Temps. are never too cold nor too hot. November is my 5th favorite. The weather is usually nice, although sometimes it be too cold. March is my 6th favorite. March is my 6th favorite. The weather is usually nice, although the weather sometimes can also be too cold, but the weather is starting to get nicer. Also, the weather, however the weather maybe just alittle cooler than November.

December is my 7th favorite. The weather is usually nice for most of the month. The month may be cold, but it's still usually nice for most of the month, although late in the month the cold weather does start getting bad, wich means it does start getting very cold. Even though it can be too cold sometimes, but I like the cold. June is my 8th favorite. The weather in the month is usually nice. The month may usually be hot, but it's still usually nice for most of the month, wich means it's not usually humid nor very hot, although by late in the month, the hot weather does start getting bad, wich means it does start getting very hot & humid. I don't like it when it's humid nor very hot.

January & February aren't bad. The weather in both of these months are very cold. It can be too cold in both of these months, but as I said I like the cold. Febraury, however is a better weather month than January because it's alittle warmer than January is.

July & August are the 2 that I can do without. The weather in both of these months are very hot & humid. To me, the weather in both of these months are yucky. Atleast August is better than July is because it's just alittle cooler than July, but it's still very hot & humid. I don't like humid nor very hot weather.

May, September, & October, however are excellent weather months

Old 12-27-2011, 11:26 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,739,684 times
I may be coming up there on Thursday & Friday so I checked the weather for those says. I was pleasantly surprised. A high near 55 is actually really nice this time of year, and not really cold. That's about how it is in Memphis this time of year.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:58 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,092,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I may be coming up there on Thursday & Friday so I checked the weather for those says. I was pleasantly surprised. A high near 55 is actually really nice this time of year, and not really cold. That's about how it is in Memphis this time of year.
St. Louis has had an unusually mild winter this year. One of the mildest I've ever experienced, most likely the mildest. As far as which months are best, December is definitely not a good month to come here in general. I would recommend late September to early November, and essentially late March until around the end of the May. St. Louis doesn't have very pleasant summers or winters, but it has great springs and autumns.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,739,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
St. Louis has had an unusually mild winter this year. One of the mildest I've ever experienced, most likely the mildest. As far as which months are best, December is definitely not a good month to come here in general. I would recommend late September to early November, and essentially late March until around the end of the May. St. Louis doesn't have very pleasant summers or winters, but it has great springs and autumns.
I know. I've been 4 other times in December and it has always been cold & overcast. I'm glad Thursday is supposed to be sunny & warm (relatively speaking). My worst trip up there, weather-wise, was this past July. It was around 100 degrees. My best were when I've come up in October a couple times. Absolutely perfect weather. The times I've come in the Spring have been nice too, but sometimes rainy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: