Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:45 PM

91 posts, read 165,939 times

Advertisements

Let's try reading comprehension and what I said. I said that the Rams should be around the .500 mark next season.

You overstate a lot of things.[/quote]

I'll try reading comprehension if you agree to do the same, along with basic cognitive analytical skills. I said the Rams will go 7-9. You said that the Rams will be around .500. The last time I checked, 7-9 equates a 0.4375 percetange, which - wow - is around the .500 mark. We are in concurrence on that, without question of veracity. However, you also threw out an insinuation about the Rams being down one year and Super Bowl contenders. As much as I would like to see Marc Bulger - an outstanding techinical QB but possesor of few leadership skills - get the monkey of self-doubt off his back and excel, the Rams are at least 1-2 years away from playoff contention - this was the point I was trying to make.

I moved to Phoenix five years ago for a much better job and quality of life. While I miss many things about STL and will support both AZ and STL in football, I do not miss discussions with most of the STL sports fans, as the reactionary, argumentative style usually takes precedence over reality.

And Stephen Jackson has flashes of talent but is ultimately a self-absorbed @sshole, just like Terrell Owens. And he still cannot run three yards in a forward direction. The Rams should have tried to get Sproles or Tomlinson from SD and sent Jackson to Dallas or Oakland where he belongs.

This is my last comment on the matter. Good luck to the Blues in the playoffs and looking forward to seeing the Rams here on 12/27.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL4eva View Post
Let's try reading comprehension and what I said. I said that the Rams should be around the .500 mark next season.

You overstate a lot of things.

I'll try reading comprehension if you agree to do the same, along with basic cognitive analytical skills. I said the Rams will go 7-9. You said that the Rams will be around .500. The last time I checked, 7-9 equates a 0.4375 percetange, which - wow - is around the .500 mark. We are in concurrence on that, without question of veracity. However, you also threw out an insinuation about the Rams being down one year and Super Bowl contenders. As much as I would like to see Marc Bulger - an outstanding techinical QB but possesor of few leadership skills - get the monkey of self-doubt off his back and excel, the Rams are at least 1-2 years away from playoff contention - this was the point I was trying to make.

I moved to Phoenix five years ago for a much better job and quality of life. While I miss many things about STL and will support both AZ and STL in football, I do not miss discussions with most of the STL sports fans, as the reactionary, argumentative style usually takes precedence over reality.

And Stephen Jackson has flashes of talent but is ultimately a self-absorbed @sshole, just like Terrell Owens. And he still cannot run three yards in a forward direction. The Rams should have tried to get Sproles or Tomlinson from SD and sent Jackson to Dallas or Oakland where he belongs.

This is my last comment on the matter. Good luck to the Blues in the playoffs and looking forward to seeing the Rams here on 12/27.[/quote]

"You also threw out an insinuation about the Rams being down one year and then being Super Bowl contenders."

Let's try real hard to comprehend what I actual said, because I didn't insinuate anything. I stated facts.

The Rams finished 4-12 in 1998. In fact they went 9 seasons in a row without a winning record, which was the worst record in the 1990's of any NFL team in the league. In 1999 the Rams went 13-3 and won the Super Bowl. Those are facts. I didn't insinuate anything. I also provided factual information about other teams and examples to support a very logical objective analysis. I never once insinuated, nor stated the Rams are currently nor would be next season, Super Bowl contenders. You said I did however. Your first comments were that the Rams would be 4-12, a far cry from 7-9. You seem to be all over the place in your thoughts. You also overstated the Cardinals, and you understated the parity party that is the NFL, meaning many different teams can and do compete for playoffs and more, after struggling just one season prior, let alone more. You then made conclusions prior to the end of free agent pickups, trades, and even the 2009 draft. Wow is all I can say to that.

As for actual analysis, in regards to your comments. Marc Bulger does not have a monkey on his back. Marc Bulger had 250-300 pound men on his back and front for years. He was amongst the most hit QB's in the league, similar to this Kurt Warner guy I remember. What happened to Warner? He didn't play much at all for a few seasons, after being smacked around far too often and then performing poorly due to being hit too many times. He got happy feet, jumpy, and his performance declined. It takes a few years of not getting hit, combined with getting comfortable wearing gloves, something it took Warner a long time to get fitted properly, along with elite level weapons again, as he had in past years, combined with opportunity to perform well again. Actually Bulger's mechanics have not been strong recently due to having "happy feet" due to being hit far too many times.

In the NFL very few if any teams can ever be said to be more than 2 years away from playoff contention. The entire point is that any team can in today's salary cap, and other rules, can be a contender after not being one even one season prior. Arizona Cardinals anyone?

The real truth comes out in your next paragraph. You moved to Arizona just in time for the band wagon one season run of the Arizona Cardinals. Ahhh...it certainly makes sense now.

You said, "I do not miss the reactionary, argumentative style of discussion that takes place over reality," while doing exactly what you do not like. Does that mean you do not miss yourself?

First of all it's Steven Jackson, not "Stephen." Steven Jackson is a good player, and he's a team player, very popular with his teammates. He is nothing like Terrell Owens. The comparison isn't valid. You got your undies in a bunch because Jackson made isolated comments about some Rams fans selling tickets to opposing fans' teams and the like. Who cares? I don't. This is professional football. I have a newsflash for you, Albert Pujols can get real salty from time to time. How about those heated arguments on the sidelines between Kurt Warner and then offensive coordinator for Arizona Todd Haley? I also didn't care when Brenda Warner repeatedly called in radio programs and created quite the unpopular stir in St. Louis. Who cares? Line up and play and bring value, wins, and entertainment for the dollar, and don't get arrested or break laws. That's how it works. You have no idea who is or isn't a good person privately. None.

The Arizona Cardinals played in the Super Bowl the same year they blacked out many home games. Ouch. And, that's even in a brand new stadium, double ouch. And, those same Super Bowl bound Arizona Cardinals almost lost their first playoff game to a rookie QB. And Baltimore used a rookie QB to reach the AFC title game. He played at Delaware, and I know you are a big big Delaware Blue Hens fan, who isn't? And, none other than Kerry Collins led Tennessee to the best record in the league last year. K-E-R-R-Y C-O-L-L-I-N-S. He's still in the league? Only kidding Kerry. I kid because I care.

Hmm...playoff teams, etc...who had rookie QB's through the draft, and also qbs found off of the scrap heap to go deep into the playoffs. But forget the draft and everything else between now and the rest of the season, according to you, because you have all the answers even before the draft in April.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:06 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
Kyle Boller is a #3 QB at best who should never leave the bench.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:06 PM

91 posts, read 165,939 times
The real truth comes out in your next paragraph. You moved to Arizona just in time for the band wagon one season run of the Arizona Cardinals. Ahhh...it certainly makes sense now.

No, genius. I moved to Phoenix in 2005, NOT for the "bandwagon" (that's one word, by the way, where'd you go to high school LOL!) one season run. I grew up with Big Red and spend many frustrating Sundays at the old Busch Stadium. I do like the Rams, but the Cardinals have my allegiance, now and forever. I have gone to 3-4 games a year since 2004. My employer took me to the AFC Championship game on 1.18.09. What a party. We have a nice, state-of-the-art facility unlike the abandoned airplane hanger that St. Louis passes off as an NFL facility.

If the Blues move to Kansas City and the Coyotes leave here and move to St. Louis, are you still a Blues fan?

First of all it's Steven Jackson, not "Stephen." Steven Jackson is a good player, and he's a team player, very popular with his teammates. He is nothing like Terrell Owens. The comparison isn't valid. You got your undies in a bunch because Jackson made isolated comments about some Rams fans selling tickets to opposing fans' teams and the like. Who cares? I don't.

I don't care if his name is "Stephanie" Jackson. If you are a professional athlete, keep your opinions to yourself. That is why you are paid incomprehensible amounts of money for a God-given gift and limited intelligence. I wish you could look me in the eye and tell me he and Bulger are buddies.

This is professional football. I have a newsflash for you, Albert Pujols can get real salty from time to time.

I may be the only native St. Louisian that doesn't give a s**t about basebore, past, present or in the future. I don't care about Albert Pujols, the baseball Cardinals, or their overpriced tickets.

Bottom line - Arizona will own the NFC West AGAIN, STL may come in second with 7-9, followed by SEA/SF.

Have a nice summer, don't eat too much Ted Drewes or Gus' Pretzels.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL4eva View Post

No, genius. I moved to Phoenix in 2005, NOT for the "bandwagon" (that's one word, by the way, where'd you go to high school LOL!) one season run. I grew up with Big Red and spend many frustrating Sundays at the old Busch Stadium. I do like the Rams, but the Cardinals have my allegiance, now and forever. I have gone to 3-4 games a year since 2004. My employer took me to the AFC Championship game on 1.18.09. What a party. We have a nice, state-of-the-art facility unlike the abandoned airplane hanger that St. Louis passes off as an NFL facility.

If the Blues move to Kansas City and the Coyotes leave here and move to St. Louis, are you still a Blues fan?

First of all it's Steven Jackson, not "Stephen." Steven Jackson is a good player, and he's a team player, very popular with his teammates. He is nothing like Terrell Owens. The comparison isn't valid. You got your undies in a bunch because Jackson made isolated comments about some Rams fans selling tickets to opposing fans' teams and the like. Who cares? I don't.

I don't care if his name is "Stephanie" Jackson. If you are a professional athlete, keep your opinions to yourself. That is why you are paid incomprehensible amounts of money for a God-given gift and limited intelligence. I wish you could look me in the eye and tell me he and Bulger are buddies.

This is professional football. I have a newsflash for you, Albert Pujols can get real salty from time to time.

I may be the only native St. Louisian that doesn't give a s**t about basebore, past, present or in the future. I don't care about Albert Pujols, the baseball Cardinals, or their overpriced tickets.

Bottom line - Arizona will own the NFC West AGAIN, STL may come in second with 7-9, followed by SEA/SF.

Have a nice summer, don't eat too much Ted Drewes or Gus' Pretzels.

So, your employer took you to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game? You've done nothing but troll when speaking of the Rams. Know your facts and history. St. Louis had to squeak every last nickel to get that facility built on the cheap, and at the time it wasn't outdated. Bill Bidwell, was, is, and always will be the reason for the Rams move, not the fans, nor anything else. I loved how in the 1970's players had to buy their own football shoes at the local mall, socks too, because Bidwell wouldn't provide enough. Mel Gray anyone? Yeah Bidwell tried to slip him a contract that was less than the agreed upon amount in the hopes he'd sign, it, (Mel's words not mine). It took Arizona a few decades to build that stadium...hmmm why wasn't it built prior to arrival? Why wasn't it built withint the first few decades of arrival? Hmm...Billy Bidwell up to old tricks. Now that his more capable son is running things, Arizona has improved, ...hmm..shocking. So why don't you give St. Louis a few decades to see where the Rams facility is and isn't at a comparable time? That seems fair and logical.

You wouldn't be making your comments had the 9-7 Cardinals not made it to the Super Bowl. I think we both know that. If I were a fan of a team and it moved and another team came to town, I would root for the new team first and foremost. I root for the city first. I do not dislike Arizona, I just don't agree with your posts on most subjects, nor the tone.Why should you be able to hold such strong opinions, but not Steven Jackson, or insert professional athlete here. You don't know these people personally, not anything about what they are truly like or not like. You form strong opinions based on little to nothing. I'd be careful shooting off your mouth, you just may not know how much information the other person has on a topic that you may not have. 1) I do not care what Steven Jackson says at any time. 2) Marc Bulger has also made poor public speaking/public relation decisions at times, as has Kurt Warner, whom most people, self included admire, as has Kurt's wife Brenda, as has all people in life, professional athlete or private Joe. Professional athletes are not any different than you. They just play sports at an elite level. And, off topic but Congrats to Marc and fiance Mavis on their upcoming wedding. She's a nice girl. Good for him. And yes Marc and Steven are friendly, not that it matters one bit. I notice how you have yet to say one word about the times Kurt or Brenda or other players on Arizona or elsewhere have said things that didn't put themselves in the best public relations position. That's pretty interesting.

The example was that of a popular player who gets salty at times. I've had great personal experiences with Kurt Warner, but Kurt can get salty at times too, as can and do many Cardinal football players and Rams players. I don't root more or less for a player because something in the media was said about a comment they made or didn't make. Not interested. Just don't commit any crimes, that will hurt yourself, someone else or the team. This isn't little league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis