Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 07:00 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,268,416 times

Advertisements

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ZOO TOO ???????????
They start a contest for a million dollar prize for animal shelters. Who wins...Randy Grim for "Stray Rescue of St. Louis".
Almost a year ago the 3 finalist go to LA & on the morning show with Mike & Juliet, they announce the winner. STRAY RESCUE of ST. LOUIS
They hand Randy a large paper million dollar check, you know one of those huge checks, so everyone watching the show can plainly see it's for a MILLION DOLLARS.
Well guess who's NOT following thru with THEIR PROMISE. I think this is soooooooooooooooo WRONG. What is wrong with those people ?
No wonder OUR AMERICA IS SO SCREWED UP, BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS.
Randy Grim is doing a WONDERFUL THING. He rescues these dogs, feeds & waters them, gives them shelter, but most importantly LOVES these dogs. He & his staff rehabilitates them. They get to go into foster homes, until they find their forever home.

I've never met Randy, but I don't have to. I know the kind of person he is. A very unselfish man, who gives these dogs love & respect. Something that the dogs should already have, but don't.
Randy...you are a hero, not just to the dogs, that's a given, but to the whole community. Getting these poor helpless dogs & puppies off of the streets. I commend you and thank you very much for all that you do.

If anyone out there knows Randy please tell him about this. He needs to know that the people of our fine state appreciates everything he does.

All 3 of our Rotties we have now, are rescues We have rescued Rottweilers for 25 years. I know up front what these poor homeless dogs go thru.
I guess that's why this subject touches my heart so much.

The person at zoo too, who came up with this brainstorm idea, should have never of made these promises. How can anyone who has a heart do something like this. I guess he thought he was going to get good publicity out of it. WRONG !!! JUST THE OPPOSITE.
I can't say anything positive about this guy, so I better stop here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
For anyone else who was as confused by this post as I was, here's some more information: Questions over shelter makeover contest : News : KRCG

Old 04-09-2009, 11:30 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,925,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
For anyone else who was as confused by this post as I was, here's some more information: Questions over shelter makeover contest : News : KRCG
I dont think the OP used enough bold type and smiley / sad faces to get their point across.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:25 PM

What's confusing about it ?
Sorry to confuse you... just trying to make a point.
I guess I'm use to the pet thread.
We understand each other with no problems.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Usually when one posts something about a current event they would provide a link for those interested in obtaining more information. I don't know what Zoo Too is or who Randy Grim is. I don't even know if what you posted is true without some sort of external verification.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM

If you lived in St. Louis for any length of time...how could you not know of Stray rescue of St. Louis, founder Randy Grim. You have a couple bostons, so you must love dogs.
This org. has been around for many years.
THE STORY IS TRUE.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 PM

I believe you that the story is true now that I looked into it further -- there are two sides to every story and my momma taught me not to believe everything I saw on the internet

Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
I would wager that some confusion would be that the title and the body of your message doesn't really speak too much of the background - at first glance, at least in my warped mind, I was thinking something about the StL Zoo was involved here... as I've never heard of 'zoo too'.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,996 times
I hope Mr. Grim is successful in his efforts to secure any prize money promised him. If he won a contest you said would bring the winner a million dollars, you should damn well pay him the million dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: