Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 02:22 PM

395 posts, read 648,276 times

Advertisements

I think it goes without saying that St. Louis is better today because of the historic tax credit - Please help support to keep the ball rolling -

The Missouri State Historic Redevelopment Tax Credit is under fire and needs the help of all those who value economic development and our states heritage –

I know tax credits cause some people to cringe but the state historic tax credit has provided tons of economic development and saved hundreds of buildings across the state from demolition.

I personally have seen it work in Springfield, Poplar Bluff, Hermann, Washington, Columbia, KC and St. Louis – the proposed cap will be 50 million, about half of what is used in recent years, this could curtail redevelopment of great underused buildings in rural and urban areas across the state.

This cap has already passed in the Senate; contact your house members and Governor Nixon
http://www.house.mo.gov/
http://governor.mo.gov/

The tax credit costs very little to the average resident and the results have been powerful – remember if a building gets torn down it still costs you as local governments take on the cost of demolition – it costs in other ways –the tax base declines, vacant lots become as big an eyesore as the crumbling building they replace.

Also property values increase in the area where buildings are rehabbed – a rising tide raises all ships.

I know this state is a broad spectrum, all kinds of opinions and views, but I believe this is something we call get behind.
From St. Joseph to Cape, from Kirksville to Joplin it does not matter – A RESTORED BUILDING IS BETTER THAN DECAY

More info here-

http://www.savehistorictaxcredit.org/

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,736,338 times
I've already emailed 15 elected officials about this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis