Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM

888 posts, read 886,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeinSTL View Post
You lost me.
Oh ... it's just my rant about the Miami club scene, South Beach mostly. A couple of the STL websites (Mandarin Lounge, etc) remind me of what is found all over Miami. I hope it does not become an epidemic there. Anyways, sometimes I wish we could do something more meaningful/profound with our beautiful Miami interior designs besides building trendy temples of drink and decadence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 PM

11 posts, read 22,271 times
lush is more upscale... lure isn't bad. try nellys new bar/club can't remember the name of it, anything around central west end isn't bad either... but yeah i've been to NYC a ****ty upscale club there is better than our best... so you wont find anything great, but give those a try. club 15 is okay usually have good music and good crowds with an outdoor patio... drunken fish at CWE is a good pregame spot oh yeah club HOME is pricey but alot of fun, really dark and music is a little loud but very upscale for us in st louis atleast lol

Old 06-14-2009, 05:31 PM
HCC

88 posts, read 290,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeinSTL View Post
Where are the high end clubs in St. Louis? I just moved here and the ones that people have recommended to me are crap. I lived in Los Angeles for quite awhile and the swanky clubs weren't hard to find. I visit my relatives in NY and there are classy clubs galore there of course. I'm just not pleased with what I'm finding in St. Louis. Maybe I'm not navigating around St. Louis properly, but I need some recommendations on the best nightlife that St. Louis has to offer.
Ugh! Ignore all the nastiness and nay-sayers. Your interests are your interests, there is nothing wrong with them-nothing pretentious about it. It is sad people choose to criticize rather than offer some solid advice. Lounges and bottle service are not my scene at all, I tend to think they're cheesy whatever city they are in. However, I did a quick google search and can't believe how many new lounges/clubs have opened up since I've been out of St Louis. I would suggest doing the same. The Central West End and Washington Ave will probably be the best place to look for more upscale nightlife venues, rather than U City or Laclede's Landing. I've heard there is a good place tucked in the Chase Prk Plaza, but haven't been, so don't know. Try Metromix, the Riverfront Times, St Louis Magazine-all good places to sort out decent nightlife in STL. It can be difficult, but not impossible. Nothing wrong with wanting to dress up a bit, find a place with some atmosphere, good bartenders who know how to mix drinks well and a decent dj.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:50 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,517 times
The Central West End has a few that I noticed. Also, I bet that mid-town has quite a few seeing that a University is located their. Oh yeah, Washington Avenue will have some also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis