Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 11:54 AM

14 posts, read 26,299 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have got admitted to UMSL and Rutgers-Camden for the MBA in Finance. Please share your views by suggesting the University which provides the quality education and best exposures...

Do the Needful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 04:54 PM

389 posts, read 902,356 times
UMSL is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 business programs in the country. Its a good bang for the buck and its right along the metrolink so you're never more than 10-15 minutes away from the Central West End Sports Downtown the Loop Forest Park. Great destinations. I'm not familiar with Rutgers. I've heard of it and its known to be a great school but I'm not familiar with its business programs its in Jersey lol.

also let me add that its a commuter school and there really isn't much life pulsing through the campus. Its a decent campus and lovely in the fall and pretty hilly but its not a party school there aren't any dorms on campus and most students around around 25. Its a good university and pretty under appreciated by the region.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 06-24-2009 at 08:35 AM..

Old 06-23-2009, 08:33 PM

80 posts, read 221,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_genesis View Post
UMSL is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 business programs in the country.

Huh? Top 10 in what? UMSL is pretty much a no-name school outside of St. Louis.

I don't know much about Rutgers Camden but its rankings kind of put it in a middling position. It appears to have gotten some recognition for its quant program. Of the two, Rutgers is probably the better choice.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 PM

389 posts, read 902,356 times
Ok, I misspoke its International Business School was ranked 16th in 2006.

Quote:
The UMSL program in International Business is ranked #16 in the US by U S News and World Reports. It has been ranked in the top 20 for the past six years.
Quote:
The princeton review ranked University of Missouri-St. Loui college of business administration among the nation's best business schools.
The Business Program is ranked in the top 282 business schools, it doesn't say which one exactly.

http://www.umslalumni.org/s/260/index.aspx?sid=260&gid=1&pgid=271&cid=1100&ecid=11 00&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=1033

Its not a no-name school though it just doesn't have a football team that's all. All a successful football team does is drive up the cost of admission and UMSL is very affordable.

Quote:
Princeton researchers found the average starting salary for UMSL business graduates to be $45,000, and the highest number of them are employed in the finance field.
OP, I suggest research UMSL some more you probably know what you're looking for in a school more so than anyone else here.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 AM

36 posts, read 100,070 times
Rutgers-Camden isnt the main campus in the Rutgers system nor is UMSL the main campus in the UM system. So neither will have a thriving campus life. Education wise I would say rutgers. I'm from the east coast and thats a good school most Jerseyites would love to get into ( more so the main campus at New Brunswick). Im also a fan of the mid atlantic more so than the midwest so i am biased (ex. Jersey and DE shore, Philadelphia, NYC, so much to do when you should be studying)

Old 06-24-2009, 08:38 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
As hinted at above, besides just the schools themselves, as you will be living and most likely will desire some down time from studying for the time spent in the area of choice, look at your likes/dislikes in regards to the cities/regions too - as differences there may also impact your decision. IMHO, while Rutgers-Camden has more of a name attached to it, either school would be quite good. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM

421 posts, read 1,565,532 times
St. Louis is far nicer, IMHO, than Philadelphia. Bear in mind that Camden, NJ, is to Philly as East St. Louis is to St. Louis. The crime in Camden, the last I knew, is pretty much just as bad or almost at that level. Across the river in Philly are some interesting historic sites, but, overall, there is a reason why folks from the Philly burbs call this city "Filthydelphia". I've spent some time in both Philly and St. Louis (more in Philly), and there is no comparison between these two cities. St. Louis is far nicer. Ask most folks from the Eastern half of PA about Philly, and they'll refer to it as "Filthydelphia", and tell you how much crime there is in Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: