Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:00 PM

36 posts, read 73,399 times

Advertisements

Well, the Clayton Center it is!! I have looked at all the gyms and the Clayton Center has everything that I want. So, now it is time to find an apartment.

Craigslist does not seem to be utilized in st. louis as much as it is here in Chicago, so I am having a tough time finding places. I hope to find something around Forest Park (CWE, Delmar Loop, Clayton).

Well, at least I narrowed down one thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times
The Post-Dispatch has some listings as well I believe.

You could try here:
STLtoday.com - For Rent (http://realestate.stltoday.com/RealEstate/rentals/SearchIndex.asp - broken link)

Old 08-13-2009, 03:30 PM

321 posts, read 1,003,714 times
You can also try the Riverfront Times:

st. louis classifieds for apts, jobs, for sale, personals - backpage.com

Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 PM

Thanks, I will take a look at these. I see a lot of recycled posts on Craigslist, so it will be nice to check out these websites.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:30 AM

711 posts, read 2,107,785 times
rent.com is actually pretty good, and yes, the post dispatch is where I found the last house I lived in.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 AM

Found a really nice apt for $750 in CWE. For the money (even though more than I would like to spend), it is a great location and it has everything (ok--well not everything) I need.

I have not signed yet, but most likely will. I like the walkability of the area. I found Clayton and Wash Ave too expensive (very similar to Chicago in terms of 1-bedroom). U-City is nice but always seemed to be missing something. Soulard and Lafayette Square are nice, just not as walkable.

Maybe try to look at a few more for around $650, but don't want to let this place slip away...

Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,692 times
The Central West End is great, plus you can take the metrolink to Clayton to work out. Forest Park is basically your front yard, you will see alot of people jogging in the park. Forest Park also has a golf course, as well as the Art Museum, The Zoo, The Muny, The Jewel Box, Ice Skating Rink, Sand Volleyball (really any kind of sport) and The St Louis Aces Tennis Team. There is always some kind of festival going on, whether it be Shakespeare in the Park, Wine Festival or St Louis Brewer Heritage Festival, just to name a few.
You should be happy in the Central West End, its one of the places on my list when I outgrow my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis