Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I currently live in Tower Grove South. I have lived here since summer of 2008. TGS is an interesting neighborhood. It's a "hipster" kind of place and you will see a lot of people walking their dogs or biking around. Unfortunately, I have been a victim of two different crimes while I have been here. I don't think it has a whole lot to do with the particular neighborhood. The first thing that happened to me was that a few months after I moved in, someone smashed my car and drove off while it was parked outside one night. I ended up having to get a new car. Then late last year, I came back from work one night and found that someone had broken into my place and stole my TV, laptop, and some other things. Luckily, I had insurance. Anyway, the particular apartment I live in is very nice and it's very affordable. TGS is an affordable place but it's also exciting. Like others have said, if you decide to move here, then definitely do not ever ever leave stuff in your car, especially if it's parked out in the street. People WILL break into them. I had a friend come over one night and when she left, she found out that someone had broken in to steal a GPS device. Just practice the same common sense rules that you would apply in any other city and I think you will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,597,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktCakes View Post
Did you get their Groupon?
missed that one

Old 03-14-2010, 11:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,042 times
Default We're looking to buy a house at 41xx Flad, wondering if anyone knows anything about the crime in that area?

Hi, we're looking to buy a house at 41xx Flad, wondering if anyone knows about the crime in that area?

Any info you have on that area would be tremendously appreciated?

Thanks,
David

Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 AM

26 posts, read 78,255 times
DRay,
41xx Flad is in the Shaw neighborhood (not Tower Grove South).

Most people will tell you that Shaw closer to S. Grand is nicer. However I think all of Shaw is improving and nearly all crime in the area is property crime (car break-ins and burglaries).

Old 03-19-2010, 09:54 PM

148 posts, read 403,789 times
I live in the southern part of Tower Grove South by friendlys on Roger, in my opinion its one of the best neighborhoods in St. Louis. I was able to snag a deal down here, as the northern part of the neighborhood is generally considered the more desirable area, though the whole neighborhood is improving. Ive lived down here for two years after living north of forest park, and fortunately never had any kind of problems.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 PM

14 posts, read 61,868 times
We're having problems finding rentals in TGS. What is the Shaw neighborhood like in comparison?

Old 03-20-2010, 12:24 AM

325 posts, read 850,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfoley9 View Post
We're having problems finding rentals in TGS. What is the Shaw neighborhood like in comparison?
Contact the Shaw Housing Corporation. They are a neighborhood non-profit and a great resource to find an apt in the neighborhood. Shaw Housing Corporation

Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 29,508 times
I,ve lived in TGS since 1958. Have had a share of issues. Stolen garden hoses & plants, gates being opened, attempted break ins. Two years ago I caught someone trying to break in my parents house. One home 4 doors up was broken into 2 weeks ago. Years ago the Shaw area was was a joke. Sorry, a lot of low life.. If it has changed thru the past 10 years, I would'nt know.. Just have memories. The area thru 39th street was :-p...... WHERE EVER YOU GO... ITS THE SAME

Old 07-24-2010, 12:48 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,298 times
^Is that English?

Old 07-24-2010, 03:37 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,561,298 times
^I think jed54 was sticking his tongue out at crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis