Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:50 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,002,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
I am inbound to StL as well, just want to say Dinsdale is a funny son of a gun...I'm originally from Boston and have lived in multiple countries and states...

This place sounds like fun!
Welcome to my sick little world. How 'bout them '86 Mets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 07:52 PM

419 posts, read 1,332,409 times
And perhaps that was rude and I too apologize.

We are so Kum bah yah in here tonight! Group hug everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
But do I still dip my toes in a lake 40 minutes away?

Last edited by CarrieNeno; 09-21-2009 at 08:23 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 08:01 PM

I used to picked my feet in Poughkeepsie.

No prob.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
I don't think you read or comprehend. You tried to pick a fight yesterday when I brought up branding. Maybe you are just looking to pick a fight with a "transplant" (and you can read a lot into your little phrase of "I think I know it a little better than a transplant")
You dont know me, or anything about me, my education, experiences. You seem to think that you know more about EVERYTHING than anyone else on this board, and are insufferably arrogant about it.
I did not try to pick a fight with you, you ASSUMED you knew more about everything than I.
To the OP, I am sorry to hijack, forgive me. Please listen to Dinsdale, he knows more about everything than anybody on CD.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:44 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,296 times
Quote:
Welcome to my sick little world. How 'bout them '86 Mets?
If you had asked me that in '87 I would have taken offense...since then, not so much. Things have been a bit better in the superior city

Speaking of the Mets, do you think they can recover those 20.5 games and get into the mix this year?

Old 09-21-2009, 08:55 PM

It's the Mets. When the seem like shoo-ins, they totally burger. When the are written off, they rise to the top. Go figure. I would never put money on my favorite team.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:04 PM

147 posts, read 383,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlee77 View Post
Help! My husband & I will be moving to the St. Charles area from San Diego in October. We are a young married couple with no kids. We are trying to find the best area of St. Charles that would suit our active lifestyle. We like to walk & bike, to conveniently located stores or coffee shops. And maybe somewhere close to the water would be nice, so the lack of a beach won’t be so dramatic, haha Any advice on the best areas of town would be greatly appreciated!!! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to see St. Charles before we move, so I’m flying blind. Thanks!!!
Just out of curiosity, as a young, married couple, why St. Charles?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:12 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,252,207 times
St. Charles County as a whole has a married with kids kinda vibe. I moved here from Las Vegas as a single. I wanted to find a place in St. Charles but wound up in Lake St. Louis. Nice neighborhoods that are walkable and safe but not the city lifestyle at all. I do like it but it seems that all the action is pretty much in St. Louis.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,810 times
We are moving to the area, because of work, of course. I doubt much else could move my from San Diego, other than the crazy cost of living. And no worried sports fans, I originally from TN & could careless about the SD sports teams. Thanks for all the helpful advise.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,895 times
Default You are going to miss SD...BIG TIME.

I was born/raised in StL county. Moved to CA lived there 6 years. Best time of our lives.
SD was wonderful in the mid 1980's Just couldn't get enough of it. Going to the beach every night after work. Talk about relaxation....

I suggest Old town St. Charles. You've got many restaurants, close to the river, walking paths, parks, etc... etc...

Only good thing about moving back is your auto Ins. will be cut in 1/2.
The weather will be horrible at times, but like this past spring/summer it was wonderful.

Good Luck !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis