Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Imo's Pizza: Your Opinions
Love it! 50 52.63%
Hate it! 26 27.37%
It's okay. 14 14.74%
I've never tried it 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times

Advertisements

Imo's Pizza: St. Louis' Inexplicably Addictive Pie | Slice Pizza Blog

Nice article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 01:05 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,686,641 times
I absolutely love this stuff. Even if most my friends think it tastes like cardboard.

Most people I know say I discredit myself by also really disliking Chicago style--too many chunky tomato sauces. I'm also from the Chicago burbs originally.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:49 AM

419 posts, read 1,332,273 times
I LOVE Imo's. So do my kids. Love, love, LOVE it. The only pizza that we will have delivered. Maybe b/c I was raised on it?! My poor hubby, who originates from North of Chicago, doesn't get it. He founds it foul. But he likes the super spiced and messy, 3 inch thick pizza that requires a fork and knife.

You either love it or hate it. Particularly the provel cheese. I'm with you Billiken, I don't care for a lot of chunky sauce. I LOVE gourmet pizza like Deweys, but if delivery? Imo's all the way... =)

Old 11-12-2009, 08:49 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
I absolutely love this stuff. Even if most my friends think it tastes like cardboard.

Most people I know say I discredit myself by also really disliking Chicago style--too many chunky tomato sauces. I'm also from the Chicago burbs originally.
Your friends are right. The stuff is absolute crap. Ketchup, Alpo and Cheeze-whiz on a warmed-over Matzoh would probably taste better.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:01 AM

419 posts, read 1,332,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Your friends are right. The stuff is absolute crap. Ketchup, Alpo and Cheeze-whiz on a warmed-over Matzoh would probably taste better.
I'm shocked, Dinsdale?! I figured that you would LOVE Imo's?! Ha!

Old 11-12-2009, 09:08 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,287 times
It's almost universal that if you are from here you love it, if not you hate it. It's pretty crazy how that works. I actually prefer St. Louis Pizza & Wings for St. Louis style pizza, it is AMAZING! Louie's, Cecils, Elicias, and Imos are all good alternatives.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
It's almost universal that if you are from here you love it, if not you hate it. It's pretty crazy how that works. I actually prefer St. Louis Pizza & Wings for St. Louis style pizza, it is AMAZING! Louie's, Cecils, Elicias, and Imos are all good alternatives.
I'm a pizza snob. I'm one of the few New Yorkers that like Chicago pizza, and admit it.

After LSL (NY/NJ style)pizza left I haven't been able to find good pizza around here.

I will admit that Pizza in California was pretty bad (with a few exceptions). But the only saving grace to STL pizza is the crust (which is still too thin).

I hope I don't have to resort to Pizza Hut, Papa Johns or Dominos.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM

132 posts, read 389,396 times
I couldn't find an answer on the poll to quite express my feelings! I love Imo's, but only if it's from the location at Hampton & Oakland. For some reason, the other Imo's locations are a let down: less than flavorful toppings and cardboard crust. The Imo's at Hampton & Oakland has delicious toppings and a decent crust. I love their sausage. Plus you can't beat the drive-up window for take-out, or the atmosphere of the dining room: a jukebox and a Ms. Pacman video game that doubles as a table. Actually, it's been a couple years since I've been there, so hopefully it hasn't changed much. And I think Imo's cannelloni is a good comfort food, too.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,282 times
I'll admit it has kind of grown on me. I used to think it seemed an awful lot like cheez-whiz poured over sweetened ketchup on a Carr's water cracker. Over time, though, and with multiple forced exposures, I have come to think it is okay if it has bacon, sausage, and pepperoni on it.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:59 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,287 times
Southcitygal you are absolutely correct on the Imos at Hampton and Oakland being the best. As far as locations having greatly varying quality I have to give that nod to Cecil Whitakers. Some of their locations are great and others are pretty bad. Their weekday specials are really good though..I think it is Tuesday or Wednesday night you can get an extra large for only 5 bucks. Or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis