Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:18 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times

Advertisements

Here is an inspirational story on how mag helped save a life.

Magnesium & Alzheimer’s | Dr. Carolyn Dean MD ND

My 2 Major Supplements are:

Grape Seed Extract and
Magnesium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 03:53 PM

More on magnesium importance and High Blood Pressure. There is so much, so I'll just add this here:

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-09-...dications.html

Old 09-12-2017, 03:47 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,220,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Here is an inspirational story on how mag helped save a life.

Magnesium & Alzheimer’s | Dr. Carolyn Dean MD ND

My 2 Major Supplements are:

Grape Seed Extract and
Magnesium
Yep....

"inspirational story" from a quack who had her license revoked to practice medicine over 20 years ago...

In 1995, after reviewing her care of 36 patients, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (Canada) concluded that Carolyn Dean, M.D. was unfit to practice and revoked her registration certificate. The College's case summary (shown below) states:

After being notified in 1993 that a disciplinary hearing would be held, Dean relocated to New York and did not contest the charges against her.
Dean had used unscientific methods of testing such as hair analysis, Vega and Interro testing, iridology and reflexology as well as treatment not medically indicated and of unproven value, such as homeopathy, colonic irrigations, coffee enemas, and rotation diets.
She did not individualize her patients and objectively try to reach an appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Rather she allowed her bias toward candidiasis and perceived immunodeficiency problems to cause her to pre-diagnose patients without individualizing them.
Dean obtained a California medical license in 1993 but does not appear to have practiced there. After her Ontario license was revoked, the California authorities initiated action that led to a stipulated decision and order in 1999 under which she was placed on three years' probation but could not practice until she passed the Special Purpose Examination (SPEX), a test used to to determine basic medical knowledge. She was also required to take 120 more hours of continuing medical education than is normally required for license renewal.

Dean's current Web site states that she "specializes in managing and healing misdiagnosed and chronic conditions such as digestive problems, hormone imbalance, yeast overgrowth (Candida) recurring infection, irritable bowel syndrome, widespread inflammation, allergies, anxiety, fibromyalgia, mood swings, chronic fatigue syndrome, fluid retention, lost vitality, and other conditions that are not satisfactorily controlled." During the past several years, she has offered email and telephone consultations for which she charges $200 per hour. In 2008, she notified her supporters that she was moving to Hawaii and in 2010 would open a "medical spa" called VitaCosta in Costa Rica.

Yeah...I would believe ANYTHING she wrote

Old 09-12-2017, 04:41 PM

We know you would NOT believe anything that comes out of the non conventional box of healing. We have a very famous MD here in LA who also bucked the system and he lost his medical license...he's over 80 and went thru hell but still works as an ND.

There are too many who don't question the "system" --- know any of them?

The doctors I've seen for the last 15 yrs went on to advanced schooling in integrative healing. They can offer both alt and conventional drugs. But MOST start with the Alt Med. Any of those type MD's in your part of the world?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-12-2017 at 04:49 PM..

Old 09-13-2017, 10:38 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Wait. If magnesium works for HBP why are you still taking an Rx for it?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-13-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Wait. If magnesium works for HBP why are you still taking an Rx for it?
Because I would feel left out if I didn't take a couple meds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to be counted in that 4.2Billion scripts.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:36 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
All I know is that while generally my moods were fairly stable, and I was doing much better than I had been, I'd get this sense of gloom and this sense of gloom and doom would set in. I think it might have been triggered, since it wasn't about the same thing often and sometimes wasn't about anything. Then I read about magnesium. I got the B complex pills and the magnesium, and it was miraculas when I took the first ones. I could literally feel the gloom and stress lift away and dissapear. I've been doing a lot better for some time, but for that sudden unpredictable down. I have stuff which isn't strong but will take away the downs but since I got the magnesium I haven't needed it once.

As I bought it through amazon, my stuff isn't going to be on a list of people who get their magnesium through official channels. But its made life much more functional. The 'downs' would be middling, but I could feel a really deep place where I didn't want to go and tried hard not to be pulled in.

If I'd had this a long time ago I think some of the really too strong meds would never have been needed.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
All I know is that while generally my moods were fairly stable, and I was doing much better than I had been, I'd get this sense of gloom and this sense of gloom and doom would set in. I think it might have been triggered, since it wasn't about the same thing often and sometimes wasn't about anything. Then I read about magnesium. I got the B complex pills and the magnesium, and it was miraculas when I took the first ones. I could literally feel the gloom and stress lift away and dissapear. I've been doing a lot better for some time, but for that sudden unpredictable down. I have stuff which isn't strong but will take away the downs but since I got the magnesium I haven't needed it once.

As I bought it through amazon, my stuff isn't going to be on a list of people who get their magnesium through official channels. But its made life much more functional. The 'downs' would be middling, but I could feel a really deep place where I didn't want to go and tried hard not to be pulled in.

If I'd had this a long time ago I think some of the really too strong meds would never have been needed.
Good report on magnesium and your moods. I've been taking it so long and I do all I know how to avoid the script drugs. A couple friends ended up with afib in the last couple yrs and I believe and now they are taking MUCH MORE magnesium DAILY, that the afib was a lot due to low magnesium in their bodies.

Amazon is a good source and I like to read the 100's of reviews from their customers. Often helps me make my decision on what to take or not take.

Remember too, some drugs are linked to dementia and alzheimers..like Benadryl and benzo drugs.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:51 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,220,811 times
Quote:
We know you would NOT believe anything that comes out of the non conventional box of healing. We have a very famous MD here in LA who also bucked the system and he lost his medical license...he's over 80 and went thru hell but still works as an ND.

There are too many who don't question the "system" --- know any of them?

The doctors I've seen for the last 15 yrs went on to advanced schooling in integrative healing. They can offer both alt and conventional drugs. But MOST start with the Alt Med. Any of those type MD's in your part of the world?
Yep..."questioning the system" THAT'S how MD's lose their licenses.....

Couldn't be incompetence, malpractice and protecting the public from potential harm....

Old 09-15-2017, 11:18 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
Good report on magnesium and your moods. I've been taking it so long and I do all I know how to avoid the script drugs. A couple friends ended up with afib in the last couple yrs and I believe and now they are taking MUCH MORE magnesium DAILY, that the afib was a lot due to low magnesium in their bodies.

Amazon is a good source and I like to read the 100's of reviews from their customers. Often helps me make my decision on what to take or not take.

Remember too, some drugs are linked to dementia and alzheimers..like Benadryl and benzo drugs.
One thing I'd do with down moments is allow them to grow bigger and worse and more hopeless as I sat there while it stewed. Its like a repeating loop, and the negative vibes get thicker each pass. But the magnesium seems to get in the way. If it is a real problem, then I can see that. But if its yet another boogie man I could see it as a fear I can choose to accomidate or not.

I've also learned to shut out the sea of what ifs and really look at a situation, and how it can be fixed or if it really matters at all. It was the fear fog which got in the way. Without it, my perception of all that is far more clear. I could even know it wasn't a big issue, but it spinning itself a bigger web anyway. What magnesium seems to do is evaporate that mushrooming panic or turning everything into something scary.

That's interesting about Benadryl. Its the only anti hystamine I get results from, but I take a little of the stuff they sell for five year olds and it works like a whole adult dose, I'm that sensitive. When I was on meds for depression and bp, I felt like some stranger was in my head, and since I took myself off them I don't, but have grown to HATE that feeling that stuff like benedryl cause.

Right now, I'm really worried about money and I'm trying to teach myself to accept that there is a worry but leave it in its corner if at the moment there's nothing you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements