Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 06:11 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Might be same or related topic, OP.

I did a colonic aka colonic hydrotherapy in December. 3 of them.

First time in my life in my late 40s.

Each took 45 minutes.

I was constantly releasing. Decades of that stuff in our bodies.

Look at all of the garbage we consume - even if - we try to eat healthy.

I'll do 3 more next December, probably 4.

I felt better.
Having scoped many colons in my career, it is total BS to believe we have decades of stuff in our colons..

The colon is a completely self cleaning organ..sure if constipated it can be filled up...but not for decades..

Yikes..

You were taken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 06:26 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Decades of stuff????

Nope.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:03 AM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Having scoped many colons in my career, it is total BS to believe we have decades of stuff in our colons..

The colon is a completely self cleaning organ..sure if constipated it can be filled up...but not for decades..

Yikes..

You were taken
You have experience in this area. May as ask in what capacity? Not challenging, just want to learn more and I stand to be corrected.

I appreciate your opinion.

I've read TONS of info of the Pros and Cons of Colonic Hydortherapy.

I am wrong (perhaps?) about the decades of accumulation and I do know that the Colon is a self-cleaning organ.

Even though the colon is self-cleansing as I researched before I did the Colonics, I stuffed my body almost daily with bleached flour, processed meats, cheese and lost of bad synthetic garbage and beer, wine and vodka to boot. I know that it's usually not just one part of the body a couple/few/several things: liver, kidneys, possible yeast overgrowth, colon issues.

Have our colons adapted in the last 90 years and in particular last 50 to deal with this synthetic inundation?

I had a severe medicare problem and one of the signs was my colon.

So, as the saying goes: when people are desperate they'll try anything.

I was desperate; I tried everything.

Coffee enemas every day for a month, salt flushes and yes the Colonic.

This natural pathetic clinic never contacted me. I did not get "taken."

I contacted them.

I told them I was doing it, and paid, and then I met with the ND and had a great and lengthy session with her over many issues. Better than any MD I ever had.

I have no regrets.

I understand for many people a Colonic is not necessary.

But for some - me - it is, and was.

I'll be back.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:56 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,479,098 times
A large dose of Magnesium Citrate should do the trick. That is what many of the colonoscopy preps contain. You can buy it at most drug stores. It is a safe product. You could even take two? I wouldn't but it probably wouldn't hurt.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wa...604183-product

You could also make your own with Magnesium Citrate powder which is available at health food stores.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:31 PM

572 posts, read 326,000 times
That is really interesting thread but i didnt get the answer what were the benefits and chnages felt after colon hydrotherapy even reading the full thread.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:25 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,479,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolair View Post
That is really interesting thread but i didnt get the answer what were the benefits and chnages felt after colon hydrotherapy even reading the full thread.
Nothing really except to clean your colon. Your body has a built in mechanism to already do that.

I know the doctors want a clean colon to inspect when they do a colonoscopy which makes total sense.

Other than that, call it OCD or whatever, maybe people think it will actually prevent cancer or something.

What else could it be?

Old 04-22-2020, 10:33 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
I've been looking for something to do during stay-at-home isolation. Maybe this is it. I got toilet paper.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:52 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I've been looking for something to do during stay-at-home isolation. Maybe this is it. I got toilet paper.
How much?

Old 04-30-2023, 11:03 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Default Colon Cleanses and the Myth of Toxic Poop. :shocked:

on Colon health. He highly recommends against harsh cleanses, provides a long list of better methods, and dispels the myths around the bogus concept of toxic poop.

Excerpt: "Many natural health experts have shared misinformation about "toxic poop" in the colon. According to colon cleanse providers (colonic hygienists), an adult can have between 5 and 20 pounds of residual stool in their large intestine (colon), leading to health problems such as excess weight gain, fatigue, and brain fog. But scientific evidence doesn't support this myth...."

Dr. Berg also has two YouTube videos to support his recommendations.

Toxic Poop Myth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PmXfvCRd4

Colon Cleanse Info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUIS20DNS3o
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-03-2023, 06:12 PM

3,439 posts, read 2,414,310 times
Colons are dirty. They're supposed to be dirty. That's their function: to help move waste out of the digestive system and into the toilet. If your colon was clean all the time, it'd mean something is WRONG.

If your colon is blocked, then you'd be constipated. There are OTC medications that can relieve constipation. If you find yourself constipated often, first look at your diet. If you rule out "eating a lot of things that can cause constipation way too often" then check with your doctor - not a supplement shelf at CVS or online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements