Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM

13 posts, read 16,138 times

Advertisements

Thank you very much, g-man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!!!!My husband wants a townhouse but I am having a hard time finding any that allow pets. I have come across a few that do, but as a rule they are poorly rated on a site called "Apartment Rating"(or something like that). There is a place called Steeplechase in Camillus, I wonder how that is. My husband's office is in DeWitt, however, and he would like to be as close as possible to reduce drive-time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 01:35 PM

93,160 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycorgi View Post
Thank you very much, g-man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!!!!My husband wants a townhouse but I am having a hard time finding any that allow pets. I have come across a few that do, but as a rule they are poorly rated on a site called "Apartment Rating"(or something like that). There is a place called Steeplechase in Camillus, I wonder how that is. My husband's office is in DeWitt, however, and he would like to be as close as possible to reduce drive-time.
Check out the Apartment Finder website and look at apartments in the area. Check the mapskrieg website as well. This website has rental homes too: cnyrealtor.com | #1 in Syracuse real estate and homes for sale. Search over 6,000 listings.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:43 PM

I went to cnyrealtor site and cannot find any links to rental homes. It's probably right there before my eyes but for some reason cannot find it. I have looked at Apartment Finder. Thanks again for all the help.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:47 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,618,743 times
Quote:
I lived in Steeplechase 4 years ago and would highly recommend it. The only reason I left was for a new career opportunity in another city. Steeplechase is in a stricly residential area set back from Route 5. Adjacent to the complex are condos, townhouses, and single family homes. The topography is hilly which provides a nice backdrop for walking and jogging. The adjacent, Pioneer Farms is very wooded and upscale with some homes as large as 4,000 Sf feet. The commute to downtown is about 15 to 20 minutes.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:19 PM

93,160 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
I lived in Steeplechase 4 years ago and would highly recommend it. The only reason I left was for a new career opportunity in another city. Steeplechase is in a stricly residential area set back from Route 5. Adjacent to the complex are condos, townhouses, and single family homes. The topography is hilly which provides a nice backdrop for walking and jogging. The adjacent, Pioneer Farms is very wooded and upscale with some homes as large as 4,000 Sf feet. The commute to downtown is about 15 to 20 minutes.
I thought it was in a nice part of Camillus and even if your husband's office is in DeWitt, it is only a 20-25 minute drive at the most. Just take Route 695 to I-690 East. I wonder about Watertree in East Syracuse or maybe something in Erie Village, which is also in the East Syracuse area and is close to shopping in Fayetteville.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:54 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I thought it was in a nice part of Camillus and even if your husband's office is in DeWitt, it is only a 20-25 minute drive at the most. Just take Route 695 to I-690 East. I wonder about Watertree in East Syracuse or maybe something in Erie Village, which is also in the East Syracuse area and is close to shopping in Fayetteville.
If you rent at Watertree, it will have to be a personal connection. All the condos are *purchases.* They're not supposed to rent out the units but you might get lucky and find someone. lol

Erie Village (townhomes- VERY nice townhomes, setting, although it's most elderly/retirees) is much the same, although the leasing allowances might be looser.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:15 AM

655 posts, read 2,327,750 times
Default Townhomes ~ Have Pet Approved

Quote:
Hello luvmycorgi,

People who are happy with the apartment complex where they live or did live, seldom say how nice it was there; even though I was happy with the places I rented, I never posted a good rating for them. But anyone who got kicked out of an apartment complex or who did not get along with apartment management or who did not like their apartment, you can be sure those individuals WILL POST a bad rating of the complex. So YOU get to read all the bad ratings.

I tried checking Steeplechase but could not find a reference to them having Townhomes. There's probably townhomes around there - Weatheridge - but I just couldn't find the listing.

I found some Townhomes with ads that mention pet friendly. Some say, have pet approved; probably so they don't rent to a 150 pound Great Dane dog.

Below is the list of Townhomes I came up with for you and your husband to consider. I do not have "first-hand" knowledge about these places. I'll leave it up to you to phone, visit, and decide if any of them will meet your needs.

Briarcliff Estates Townhomes
300 Audubon Pkwy., Syracuse, NY 13224 - very close to Dewitt
ph. 1-866-413-7365 ... Dog welcome; check policy

High Acres Townhomes
5111 Ball Road, Onondaga Hill (Syracuse). NY 13215
ph. 1-800-401-8538 ... Pet yes; check policy

Town House East
128 West Pleasant Street, Manlius, NY 13104
ph. 1-877-233-8933 ... Get dog approved; check policy

Elm Hill Estates Townhomes -- some with garages
100 Eagle Lane, Camillus, NY 13031
ph. 1-866-379-5806 ... cat yes, don't know about dog; check policy

Kings Gate West Townhomes -- some have garages
8 Kings Court, Camillus, NY 13031
ph. 1-888-901-3201 ... Get pet approved; check policy

Timberlane Estates Townhomes
5000 Oakcrest Courtyard, Camillus, NY 13031
ph. 1-866-747-4615 ... Pet yes; check policy

Drumlin Heights Townhomes at Radisson
Drumlin Heights Drive, Radisson (Baldwinsville), NY 13027
ph. 1-888-826-9845 ... Pet yes; check policy

Candlewood Gardens Townhomes
34 Candlewood Garden, Baldwinsville, NY 13027
ph. 1-866-382-3149 ... Dog yes; check policy

Breckenridge Townhomes
4320 Arlington Circle, Liverpool, NY 13090
ph. 1-866-413-7389 ... Dog welcome; check policy

Saddle Club Townhomes
1 Gallowgate Court, Liverpool, NY 13090
ph. 1-888-476-3180 ... Dog okay; check policy

Click on the following Link Line, enter the street and town address. Then click on "GET MAP" ... www.mapblast.com/

If you do not find a single-family home to rent, possibly one of the above townhomes would work out for you. Feel free to ask additional questions. I'll be glad to help. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:31 PM

655 posts, read 2,327,750 times
Default Single-Family Home Rentals

Quote:
Thank you very much, g-man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!!!!My husband wants a townhouse but I am having a hard time finding any that allow pets. .......... My husband's office is in DeWitt, however, and he would like to be as close as possible to reduce drive-time.
Hello luvmycorgi,

I did some more research for you and have some results. It looks like there is no PERFECT solution for your situation. You can review these places and decide for yourself.

MINOA 13116>>
www.rentalhouses.com/New-York/Minoa/OODLERENT2386593726/ (broken link)
The location you wanted but the rent price is above what you stated.

SYRACUSE 13206>>
www.rentalhouses.com/New-York/Syracuse/OODLERENT2422844629/ (broken link)
I consider this to be an okay city location. $800.

CICERO 13039>>
www.rentalhouses.com/New-York/Cicero/OODLERENT2386593723/ (broken link)
Nice home in a nice suburban residential neighborhood but above your price range.

SOLVAY 13209>>
www.rentalhouses.com/New-York/Solvay/OODLERENT2425181031/ (broken link)
Solvay neighborhoods can be from older, more crowded area to newer, more spacious, decent established areas; I do not know about this particular neighborhood--you judge. $700.

SOLVAY 13209>>
http://www.rentingtime.com/NY-Syracu...se-id-1832513/
Looks like a good location to me. Solvay neighborhoods vary; you judge for yourself. $1200.

LIVERPOOL 13088 (Galeville area)>>
www.rentalhouses.com/New-York/Liverpool/OODLERENT2363284979/ (broken link)
This is located in the "Galeville" section of Liverpool near Carousel Center Mall, Regional Farmer's Market, Alliance Baseball Stadium, and Expressway I-81. $957.

LIVERPOOL 13090 (Bayberry area)>>
www.rentalhouses.com/New-York/Liverpool/OODLERENT2360789084/ (broken link)
Good suburban Liverpool area close to shopping. Rent above your price range; check for yourself.

LIVERPOOL 13090>>
www.rentalhouses.com/New-York/Liverpool/rh734697/ (broken link)
This Townhome is owned by a private party (not complex) who wants to rent it out. The location of this place is in an EXCELLENT single-family homes residential neighborhood which I always recommend to people who want to buy a NICE single-family home. One of the best neighborhoods in the Liverpool suburb. You can drive Expressway 481 from near this location all the way to Dewitt in very reasonable drive-time. There is MAJOR shopping with all kinds of stores, restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, clothing stores, etc. etc. at a close-by location. $1050.

Click on the following Link Line, then enter the street and town address. To see a street map showing the location of this place, Click on "GET MAP" ... www.mapblast.com/

If you are serious about any of these places, I would not delay seeing them and making your decision soon. These homes are what I have for you today. I hope I've helped you.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:11 AM

Cannot "rate" your posts until I "earn a rep.", but wanted to thank you for taking all the time and effort. The search begins in person soon.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,543,047 times
I agree with gardnrman, your best bet is to contact a real estate agent in the area. They can give you rental information that you may not find online or they can recommend a rental agency for you to use. It is much easier than trying to search yourself. There is no fee to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area