Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 01:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,713 times

Advertisements

Want one with an indoor ring with time set aside for boarders to ride, outdoor ring (same thing), and enough paddocks so my horse will be turned out every day its not raining or snowing, or night time in the summer. Should have some jumps or let me set up some of mine. Want daily mucking, ample pine shavings or sawdust bedding, feeding at least twice a day, hay at least 3 x a day, water buckets dumped and refilled daily, topped off as needed, willing to spray my fly spray on my horse only every day in fly season. Looking for a place with human conveniences such as bathroom and tack room. Sane, knowledgeable, completely honest barn manager/operator with ethics and good manners, and no one rough with my horse. Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 05:44 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,763,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myeparade View Post
Want one with an indoor ring with time set aside for boarders to ride, outdoor ring (same thing), and enough paddocks so my horse will be turned out every day its not raining or snowing, or night time in the summer. Should have some jumps or let me set up some of mine. Want daily mucking, ample pine shavings or sawdust bedding, feeding at least twice a day, hay at least 3 x a day, water buckets dumped and refilled daily, topped off as needed, willing to spray my fly spray on my horse only every day in fly season. Looking for a place with human conveniences such as bathroom and tack room. Sane, knowledgeable, completely honest barn manager/operator with ethics and good manners, and no one rough with my horse. Suggestions?
http://www.ccejefferson.org/wp-conte...edirectory.pdf That's the general directory, should you need it later.

There's a great facility on Route 91, heading south from Syracuse, almost to the Village of Fabius... on the left side. I can't remember the name, just drove by it every day. My parents would have sent me there instead of where I rode in Baldwinsville but we wanted to stay with the same trainer, after we moved. It's a bit early to call my mom but I'll do so in the next few hours.

This stable in Fabius sticks out in my mind as THE place because the family I babysat as a teen always had the girls go there... their mother is a small-animal vet and their father is a large animal vet. They always praised it to everyone, for the conditions, treatment and facilities available. Again, I'll post the name and their number shortly.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 AM

655 posts, read 2,329,506 times
Default Horse Stables, Cicero, NY

Hello myeparade,

Below is a local horse stables. I have no first-hand/direct experience/knowledge about this facility. You will have to research this stable for yourself. Stop there and ask them questions, tour their facilities, and check stable references written by their current stable customers..

South Bay Stables
5840 South Bay Road (at Interstate 81)
Cicero, NY 13039

Phone: (315) 744-0936

Good luck with your stable search.

Last edited by grdnrman; 04-01-2011 at 11:44 AM..

Old 04-01-2011, 11:22 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,618,778 times
It would be helpful to know what side of town you are in. There are quite a few out in /marcellus/ Skanetelles, but it may be a bit of a drive for you.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:30 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,763,039 times
Nancy Cerio in Fabius 13063. Still not sure of the number, sorry! My mom only knew her name but isn't good friends with her... I'll check the next time we head out there. Shouldn't be more than a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area