Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Does Peter Weller ever do anything that the public could attend??
I'm not sure, but he is also an actor and supposedly is/was a tough history professor. I'll see if I can find out if he is still here or is somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times
Now that you gave me his name I read some about him.

Rather a busy guy.

Of the cool chit he's done what puts him over the top is he's directed 5 episodes of my favorite show, Sons of Anachy.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 AM

Today is one of those days where I'll get to work and someone will say its -10. Then someone will say -15 at my house. Someone else will say -20 at my house. Then -26 at mine and so on. If enough people are around we should be able to get down to -100.

Most accurate reading I got here in Oneida is " damm Daddy its super cold on our paws can we come back in??"

Thats generally pretty accurate.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:33 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,375 times
Quote:
Today is one of those days where I'll get to work and someone will say its -10. Then someone will say -15 at my house. Someone else will say -20 at my house. Then -26 at mine and so on. If enough people are around we should be able to get down to -100.

Most accurate reading I got here in Oneida is " damm Daddy its super cold on our paws can we come back in??"

Thats generally pretty accurate.
Pretty much. Our cat likes to escape for romps out with the dog. This morning, he tore out, LEAPT off his feet, and ran back in. HE!! no.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
My friend in Glens Falls said it was -14 below this morning there. I checked accuweather and sure enough, it said -12 below. But it was very sunny at least!

I realized what is the hardest about cold weather, for me. Its so darn dry. Running a warm mist humidifier here day and night. I feel like I have a cold all winter because of the dry weather. I heard on Dr. Oz that it is the dryness, not the cold, that keeps viruses alive. The wetter air actually weighs the viruses down and keeps them from being airborne. When its super dry, they live well airborne and float around. Thought that was interesting. Also, when your skin is really dry, it gets little cuts that viruses can get in. Amazing.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Seems to be a good year for sickness. None here yet but I'm sure the deathcooties will find the Sean® house yet.

Agree on the dryness. My sinus's are on fire most of the time in Winter and I generally have a mild headache because of that. We keep a Vicks vaporizer going at night. Call it the vaporbong.

Most Febuarys I head to Florida. God it feels so good to be able to breath again. This year its Texas. Hopefully that will feel good as well. Florida is also the only 100% effective cure I've found for the Winter pain of arthritis.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,481 times
This is my good friend's niece - please pass along if you can. Thanks!

Family seeks help in locating girl missing in Syracuse | syracuse.com

Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 PM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
This is my good friend's niece - please pass along if you can. Thanks!

Family seeks help in locating girl missing in Syracuse | syracuse.com
I hope and pray that she is alright and makes it back safely.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 AM

Any word on the kid??

On the above linked page there are some bad comments on Elmcrest. Afew years ago somebody close to me had a daughter there and I visited afew times. I got nothing but good to say about the place, both during the "stay" and some of the continuing educations type help they offer.

Many tough stories to hear at that place. And many easy to predict outcomes I'm afraid.

I give the workers much credit. I could not do that job or work in a rehab or something. Work hard, do your best and still fail most of the time. I don't know how they get out of bed everyday.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,481 times
Quote:
Any word on the kid??

On the above linked page there are some bad comments on Elmcrest. Afew years ago somebody close to me had a daughter there and I visited afew times. I got nothing but good to say about the place, both during the "stay" and some of the continuing educations type help they offer.

Many tough stories to hear at that place. And many easy to predict outcomes I'm afraid.

I give the workers much credit. I could not do that job or work in a rehab or something. Work hard, do your best and still fail most of the time. I don't know how they get out of bed everyday.
She still has not been found. Syracuse.com is full of trolls and it makes me disgusted reading some of those comments, especially because I personally know the family, been to their house, and have met the girl that is missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area