Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 05:26 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,099 times

Advertisements

Just heard today is gonna be the biggest SU game ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:24 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Just heard today is gonna be the biggest SU game ever.
I believe that they are expecting a little over 35,000. Today would be a good day to stay away from campus, as the traffic will be crazy before and after the game.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:32 AM

Armory Square dining update: La Piazza is on the way (Maritza's and Lolo's, too) | syracuse.com

Old 02-03-2014, 11:55 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,031 times
United Airlines has eliminated its hub in Cleveland. As a result, there will no longer be direct flights between Cleveland and Syracuse. Buffalo, Jamestown and Rochester are losing direct service to Cleveland as well, although for whatever reason, Albany will retain non-stop flights to Northeast Ohio. This decision didn't come as a shock to many travelers. Cleveland has experienced its share of economic woes and when United acquired Continental which had long maintained a hub in Cleveland, business leaders in Northeast Ohio were jockeying to keep the operation. All told around 60% of United's flights out of Cleveland will be eliminated.

While Cleveland is not a big destination for Syracuse flyers, the city is home to Eaton Corporation which acquired Cooper Industries' Syracuse-based Crouse-Hinds division. Other cities losing direct service to Cleveland include Buffalo, Rochester, Grand Rapids, Raleigh-Durham, Austin, Greenville-Spartanburg, Toronto, Providence, Hartford, Richmond, Phoenix, AZ, Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Nashville, Columbus, Miami, Kansas City, Louisville and Indianapolis.

United document lists nonstops that will survive and those going away | cleveland.com

Last edited by RollsRoyce; 02-03-2014 at 12:06 PM..

Old 02-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
United Airlines has eliminated its hub in Cleveland. As a result, there will no longer be direct flights between Cleveland and Syracuse. Buffalo, Jamestown and Rochester are losing direct service to Cleveland as well, although for whatever reason, Albany will retain non-stop flights to Northeast Ohio. This decision didn't come as a shock to many travelers. Cleveland has experienced its share of economic woes and when United acquired Continental which had long maintained a hub in Cleveland, business leaders in Northeast Ohio were jockeying to keep the operation. All told around 60% of United's flights out of Cleveland will be eliminated.

While Cleveland is not a big destination for Syracuse flyers, the city is home to Eaton Corporation which acquired Cooper Industries' Syracuse-based Crouse-Hinds division. Other cities losing direct service to Cleveland include Buffalo, Rochester, Grand Rapids, Raleigh-Durham, Austin, Greenville-Spartanburg, Toronto, Providence, Hartford, Richmond, Phoenix, AZ, Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Nashville, Columbus, Miami, Kansas City, Louisville and Indianapolis.

United document lists nonstops that will survive and those going away | cleveland.com
Interesting and do you know if there are any other direct flights to Cleveland from Syracuse?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:58 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Interesting and do you know if there are any other direct flights to Cleveland from Syracuse?
There are no other direct flights to Cleveland.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:53 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post

Given that Albany is now majority-served by Southwest, that may have something to do with keeping options on United there.

I can't say I'm surprised to see that hub go. (But I also don't generally consider flying to places that are under a 6 hour drive from here, anyways... so I probably wouldn't notice.)

Old 02-03-2014, 02:20 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
I haven't been downtown in a couple years now but never had any trouble finding a spot. Don't like paying but dealt with it.

I can't parallel park. Never have even tried to be honest. Same with my wife. On the test we just had to back in behind one car. Same with all our kids. Then the last kid got a brownie that insisted. We had a hell of a time finding someone who knew how. Do it once and never again
Glad to know I'm not the only on who can't parallel park. I did it for my driver's test and haven't done it since. I also only had to park behind one car. There was no traffic. No jackoff honking his horn and 3 inches off my bumper.

I grew up in the country so there was no need for parallel parking unless you were parking between cows or rows of corn. Not much different where I live now except I'm surrounded by apple orchards and vineyards.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:53 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,099 times
It's one of those things I could prolly learn if I had to. I do drive for a living so it's not like I don't know how. Just in several decades of driving I have never been in a position it was needed.

Let's see, fight to get my full sized extended cab pickup between to yuppie Prius's or walk a 100 feet?? Tough choice that.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:01 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,050 times
I am not good at parallel parking. It wasn't on our test in California and I never really needed it because there was always a lot, garage, or valet. I will drive around looking for another spot rather than try and squeeze my car in somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area