Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,505,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I haven't heard anything else about that project.

I came across this one that I haven't heard much about at all too: Buyer plans to redevelop Oberdorfer foundry site in DeWitt | syracuse.com

It would be nice to see some development on that site.
Interesting to see what happens with this site. Anyone know if it was actually torn down? The article says they were going to tear it down in October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 01:41 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,603,905 times
I passed by Oberdorfer about a month ago and I could have sworn the building was still there. With all the land and abandoned buildings available, I don't understand why they would choose to purchase this building just to tear it down and deal with an old building that could be filled with environmental issues.

I passed it on my way to Campuswood. That is where the Stir truck lives and they have the best sweet potato fries I have ever had. https://www.facebook.com/stirmobile

Old 02-21-2014, 01:52 PM

92,013 posts, read 122,107,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
I passed by Oberdorfer about a month ago and I could have sworn the building was still there. With all the land and abandoned buildings available, I don't understand why they would choose to purchase this building just to tear it down and deal with an old building that could be filled with environmental issues.

I passed it on my way to Campuswood. That is where the Stir truck lives and they have the best sweet potato fries I have ever had. https://www.facebook.com/stirmobile
I hear you about Oberdofer.

Nice find and I'm in that area quite a bit. I didn't even know that about the Stir Truck.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:17 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,248,560 times
With near perfect weather Allegiant has my flight delayed.

Strike one.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:46 PM

Overall Allegiant gets passing grades.

The delay sucked and if your gonna get stuck in an airport Syracuse is the worst. Food is hard to find and stupid expensive.

St Pete airport is different. Like something out of the 50's. Nice though.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Overall Allegiant gets passing grades.

The delay sucked and if your gonna get stuck in an airport Syracuse is the worst. Food is hard to find and stupid expensive.

St Pete airport is different. Like something out of the 50's. Nice though.
Get stuck at the airport in Augusta, GA. The only food is from a coffee cart that has VERY limited hours! It was rarely open even in the middle of the day when I flew in and out of there.

Food at ALL airports is expensive! I've yet to find one that has decent prices. Probably never will.....well in 20 years I might think today's prices were cheap sadly.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:14 PM

Can't wait til morning here. I did rent a car but will mostly be walking. Everything in this area is super compact. Coffee shops, a Sweet Bay(Hannaford) , publics, restaurants and several department stores. I can drive but it's nice to have everything you could every want in a 10 minute walk. And not having slush and snow makes me wanna walk

Old 02-21-2014, 11:43 PM

92,013 posts, read 122,107,559 times
Quote:
Can't wait til morning here. I did rent a car but will mostly be walking. Everything in this area is super compact. Coffee shops, a Sweet Bay(Hannaford) , publics, restaurants and several department stores. I can drive but it's nice to have everything you could every want in a 10 minute walk. And not having slush and snow makes me wanna walk
Where are you?

Old 02-21-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Hannaford is not in Florida. The parent company has a chain that sells Hananford products and is modeled after Hannaford, but it is not a Hannaford. Same parent company owns Food Lion which is a complete and utter dump.

And it is called Publix.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:01 AM

Auto correct hates Publix. I load a lot of product for them so see the name often.

I'm in Largo. This is a working vacation and the weather does not favor me. Well it is 70 degrees so I got that going for me. Headed to the pool soon. Then a walk to Starbucks. Not a huge SB fan but my fathers coffee is terrible. Then to Sweet Bay for some Blue Bell ice cream which is the best stuff in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area