Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Closet Hannafords to us is New Hartford. Its a nice store but 15 miles is alittle far for groceries. We go there for movies and to eat but rarely groceries. Wegmans is farther and on a two lane road that takes forever. Plus Wegmans prices are way high for me. I shop by price not emotion plus I get paid the same to load Wegmans, Walmart and Hannaford trailers so they all treat me good.
Man, you are not a country boy! 15 miles for groceries is nothing! I drive from Geneva to Canandaigua because I prefer their Walmart! And it's about 20 minutes unless you get behind someone who hasn't figured out that the 55 speed limit signs mean you can actually drive that fast and you don't need to go 35. Horses won't jump out at you neither will the cabbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 01:58 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times
I was throwing the Crab Shack out there in case anyone happens to drive by one. Driving two hours to eat seems silly to me. But then I drive to Rochester and Buffalo for woodworking stores so I guess we all have our hang ups.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Man, you are not a country boy! 15 miles for groceries is nothing! I drive from Geneva to Canandaigua because I prefer their Walmart! And it's about 20 minutes unless you get behind someone who hasn't figured out that the 55 speed limit signs mean you can actually drive that fast and you don't need to go 35. Horses won't jump out at you neither will the cabbage.
One of the reasons I moved into town was I was sick of driving forever to get simple things. Not for one second do I miss driving 20 miles for everything except milk. And frankly I find Hannafords prices to be almost as bad as Wegmans, its herself who prefers Hanna. I'm just not fussy at all.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Actually, nanotech is in the works for Utica, Syracuse, and Buffalo. Shopping malls are dying. Who ever gave one a tax exemption should have their head examined. Part time, minimum wage jobs aren't fabulous either.

I just went to this dreadful mall for the first time since it was rebranded and the green removed. I'd rather spend time at the Helping Hounds Rescue center! I was there adopting a dog and the dogs are far nicer than the people in this horrible mall.

I saw mostly NY plates. Few from PA and OH. I think I saw ONE from Ontario. So I don't know where all these Canadians are parking! Maybe they valet it?

This mall is soooooo DARK inside! It's like you're in a cave! The decor is horrid. It definitely won't last looking like it does. Not if the people who were there last Sunday ever come back! They were sooooo RUDE!! Pushing and shoving people walking by their wild packs. The language is completely unacceptable in public places. I get that it's an urban mall, but I've been to the mall in Manhattan and it wasn't filled with something I'd scrape off the bottom of my shoe!

Aside from the 3rd floor, there is NOTHING to make me want to go to this thing. And I'm no rush to go to the grown up playground. Toby Keith's restaurant is kind of a joke. I didn't eat there, but no one else was either. It's MASSIVE - far too large for a mall. There were less than 20 people in it on a Sunday night!

I'll be going to Eastview Mall! I'm not a mall fan, but that one at least has people who have manners in it. I know it's not in the middle of Rochester, but have some pride in yourself and those around you! If I wanted to go outlet shopping, I'd go to Waterloo. In that parking lot, there are many days when the Canadian license plates far out number everyone else. I won't get run over by a pack of thugs or have to listen to people screaming the f word from one end of the dark cave to the other. It's certainly an experience. Been there done that. I do NOT want the damn t-shirt!
I actually agree with all of this.

Syracuse mall is full of rude thugs. We have alot of Apple products so we got for that but for everyother reason that mall is dead to me. And to the Apple store its in and out.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:43 PM

93,166 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:

Syracuse mall is full of rude thugs. We have alot of Apple products so we got for that but for everyother reason that mall is dead to me. And to the Apple store its in and out.
If you go to DestinyUSA, I'd say that the best times to go are early or late, if you go shopping or just go for the entertainment venues. With that said, I think I've only been there about 2 or 3 times since the expansion and there is just about a little bit of everything there.

Also, a lot of Canadians come down by bus. You see some driving around the Northern suburbs and shopping at places in either the Route 31 corridor in Clay or the Route 11 corridor in Cicero.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:

If you ever venture out to ROC, the Eastview Mall in Victor has an Apple store. Albany has one in Crossgates as well.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 PM

When I go to Rochester its to my aunts in Fairport. I think the exit is onto 490. I go by a large good looking mall between the Thruway and Fairport. Is that the one??

God I haven't been to Crossgates since.......................1986 or so??

Old 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM

Jesus I just took my truck out of 4wd yesterday for the first time in months and we got another foot of snow on Wednesday??

What is it the kids say?? So done with Winter.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:10 PM

93,166 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
When I go to Rochester its to my aunts in Fairport. I think the exit is onto 490. I go by a large good looking mall between the Thruway and Fairport. Is that the one??

That's probably it, as it is in Victor.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Yup, that's Eastview Mall. They just added a wing for the new Van Maur store. No idea what it is. Sounds fancy to me. There's an LL Bean in the parking lot also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area