Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 06:45 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times

Advertisements

Goggle car hasn't really been through Oneida yet. Just down the state highways. Not sure about Bing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 07:11 AM

My Mom will be very happy if Whole Foods comes. Prolly the only thing she hates about this area shopping at Wegmans/Hannaford. I find the place spendy.

I'd settle for a place that has Blue Bell ice cream. Now that the weather is getting nice I sure would like some BB.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:15 AM

368 posts, read 830,917 times
Never tried Blue Bell. Mercers near Boonville is my favorite. I need to make a trip soon.

This rain is putting a damper on the circus tonight in Watertown, oh well. Will go tomorrow with the children.

Happy about Sonic coming to watertown-is there one in Syracuse???

Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TughillTina View Post
Never tried Blue Bell. Mercers near Boonville is my favorite. I need to make a trip soon.

This rain is putting a damper on the circus tonight in Watertown, oh well. Will go tomorrow with the children.

Happy about Sonic coming to watertown-is there one in Syracuse???
Coming as soon as this year, I believe. Exclusive: Sonic Drive-In to open multiple Syracuse-area locations over four years | syracuse.com

Blue Bell is amazing. Their distribution doesn't get terribly close to hear, yet... think Virginia is as close as it gets. They're based in Texas.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:34 AM

If you like fast food, and I like all food, Sonic isn't the worst. If one is handy and your starving it will do. I wouldn't go out of my way for one.

For Chickfila I would walk to Syracuse On a chickfila note they are famous for there lemonade. Hard/impossible to get good lemonade (and sweet tea) up here in yankeeland. But I have found a good one. Walmart brand. It's 15% lemons. Name brands are 1%. Plus it's made with sugar not HFCS.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:25 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
If you like fast food, and I like all food, Sonic isn't the worst. If one is handy and your starving it will do. I wouldn't go out of my way for one.

For Chickfila I would walk to Syracuse On a chickfila note they are famous for there lemonade. Hard/impossible to get good lemonade (and sweet tea) up here in yankeeland. But I have found a good one. Walmart brand. It's 15% lemons. Name brands are 1%. Plus it's made with sugar not HFCS.
Some of the best lemonade I've had was from a stand near the aquarium in Boston and it was legit.

It would be nice to get a Checkers or a Bojangles up here too.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:48 PM

Only been to Checkers once but had a very positive experiance.

Like warm at best about Bojangles. I don't hate it but I sure don't love it.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:31 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Only been to Checkers once but had a very positive experiance.

Like warm at best about Bojangles. I don't hate it but I sure don't love it.
I don't know, but I seriously would go to Checkers every weekend I could when I was stationed at Ft Gordon outside of Augusta GA.

It has been a while since I've been to a Bojangles though.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:47 PM

When we go to Florida we are overwhelmed with places to eat. I swear you can eat someplace different everynight and never double up. But checkers is one place I plan to go back to.

Around here that's one of my biggest complaints, so few choices. We don't eat out often anymore cause we are just tried of the choices. I'd like to hit Dinosauer again but with all the murders in Syracuse last year my wife refuses to go except the airport and Destiny. I'd go again, that part of the city is basically empty so no worries but if momma won't go……
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area