Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 09:03 AM

93,160 posts, read 123,754,884 times

Advertisements

Scenes from City Market | Syracuse New Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,609,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Planning a trip to the city next weekend and looking into that Megabus.

Out of Syracuse it's forty bucks one way per person at times that work for us. So 160 bucks RT for two.

Driving to Newburgh is about 70 bucks RT with road and bridge tolls and gas. Plus 50 bucks for two RT tickets on Metro North.

So save cash. Control arrival and departure times better, within an hour. And arrive at GCT vs Port Authority.

Buses suck.
By the city do you mean NYC? Look into Amtrak. It's cheap and much more comfortable. There's wifi and food/beverages available as well.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:48 PM

Syracuse home sellers can't stop student rentals around nation's No. 1 party school | syracuse.com

Old 09-17-2014, 01:56 PM

865 posts, read 2,159,843 times
If you don't want someone destroying "your" home by renting it out ... don't sell your home ...

Buying a house over there to rent out has crossed my mind a few times.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:28 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,609,027 times
What's the secret to eating at Dinosaur? I've tried twice and couldn't find a single place to park within 4 blocks. I don't know my way around Cuse and walking a great distance after dark isn't my thing. It doesn't seem like it's the greatest part of town....lots of factories. I see tons of parking lots, but they are all permitted.

On my first attempt, there was a car parked on the street a few buildings up from Dinosaur and there was a window smashed. There was tons of glass all over the street behind it. That definitely did not make me think it was a safe neighborhood.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
What's the secret to eating at Dinosaur? I've tried twice and couldn't find a single place to park within 4 blocks. I don't know my way around Cuse and walking a great distance after dark isn't my thing. It doesn't seem like it's the greatest part of town....lots of factories. I see tons of parking lots, but they are all permitted.

On my first attempt, there was a car parked on the street a few buildings up from Dinosaur and there was a window smashed. There was tons of glass all over the street behind it. That definitely did not make me think it was a safe neighborhood.
It is in Downtown and near Franklin Square, an area where former factories and warehouses have been turned into apartments. There are more in the works as well. I wouldn't call such incidents commonplace in Downtown, but they do occur like any other city. Armory Square is literally 5 blocks south of Dinosaur and has quite a few restaurants as well.

I think with Dinosaur, when people come from out of town, it is a place people have heard of due to the restaurant being on TV shows. So, it may be a thing of going to a place that seems safe in terms of a restaurant choice. Other restaurants have been on shows, but Dinosaur has had the most exposure, I believe.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 09-19-2014 at 12:29 AM..

Old 09-19-2014, 06:46 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post

Park in the lot directly across the street. It's $5

Old 09-19-2014, 06:46 AM

Bad news: Syracuse area continues to bleed jobs as the rest of New York improves | syracuse.com

Somewhat better news: Poverty in Syracuse is on its way down from a four-year high | syracuse.com

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 09-19-2014 at 07:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area