Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 01:33 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,395 times

Advertisements

Last yr. at ate at the Sherwood Inn and it was excellent. We ate at the Inn Between the yr before and it was very nice but Sherwood Inn was just a little better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times
Quote:
I know the kind of BS you're talking about and it's typical of the average NA meeting in this area but not AA
This is why I come to the internet, personal experiences. On everything under the Sun, I take what I need and leave the rest. With one simple sentence said in passing you lifted a cloud that's been hanging over me for years. Like all humans I tend to want to gather with my own kind. Well I am a drunk plain and simple. Oneida is a drug town, mostly crack with some heroin. No sober meth heads yet but its coming. The AA meetings here don't use the Basic text but they may as well cause its pure crackheads since all the drunk died off or like me got run out. I rarely think of drinking but I know that day will come and I will not be ready because I chose death over ever going to a meeting here again.

DUH!!! Go to Syracuse. The answer was there along I just couldn't see it.

I bought a hooptie today. Its a 2003 so its a total rust bucket but its a Toyota and I paid cash. I got directions to Open House from a guy at work, he said its not a very nice area but completely safe.

Maybe I'll run into you sometime. When they ask if anyone is from out of town sometimes I pipe up and sometimes not but if I do I'll be Sean from Oneida. M if asked. I always read if asked but rarely speak and then only if called. And then most times just don't drink and go to meetings. I been at it long enough were I have very few problem and what I do have I know what I have to do. Getting me to do it is often a different story altogether.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,615,386 times
I had to turn the heater on this weekend. It's going to be a long 6 months.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:39 AM

I actually thought, briefly, of not wearing shorts and flip-flops(mandels) this weekend.

But I consider anyday with long pants and socks to be off to a real bad start so I'll fight it afew more weeks.

Heat?? Maybe by Thanksgiving.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
I actually thought, briefly, of not wearing shorts and flip-flops(mandels) this weekend.

But I consider anyday with long pants and socks to be off to a real bad start so I'll fight it afew more weeks.

Heat?? Maybe by Thanksgiving.
I could've sworn you said previously that you like fall... and even winter too

Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,375 times
I wore socks and sneakers this past weekend, for sure, rather than my flip flops. And for the first time in a LONG time, my Bear-like furnace of a husband was welcome. lol

But we were nowhere near turning on the heat and probably won't for a while, especially with increasing highs this week, up through the mid-70's through at least the first half of next week. Socks and sweaters we already own cost far less than turning on the heat too early.

Last edited by proulxfamily; 10-04-2011 at 06:57 AM..

Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
I could've sworn you said previously that you like fall... and even winter too

I not sure I understand

I do love Fall. Its my sober date, my birthday and later, my daughters birthday. Apple picking, this year I bought Fall cookie cutters, finally shutting the AC off (last night for me). Fall is the best.

Winter?? I don't hate Winter but I don't love it either. I've lived in Upstate NY for 38 years which is a darn big chunk of my life so to me Winter just is. February?? February is why they make jet planes and Interstate highways.

But I prefer shorts and flip-flops above all else in life. My job is very cold so when I get home my idea of warm is prolly abit different then most of ya all.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:25 AM

845 posts, read 1,687,227 times
On a totally different topic... if you hear or read of a recent "rash of violent crime" on the east side of the city it is real but is very specific. It appears to always be the same two guys - black males in their 20's or possibly early 30's - who have been approaching people who are out walking alone and robbing them at gunpoint. No one has been injured as all victims have simply given up their wallets/purses and the robbers fled. Until recently they were targeting students who were pout late (e.g. 1 AM or 2 AM) but the most recent incident was at 8 PM - shortly after nightfall. Two incidents up by LeMoyne College and all the others in the SU campus / University area - all to the west of Westcott by a few blocks or more.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelon56 View Post
On a totally different topic... if you hear or read of a recent "rash of violent crime" on the east side of the city it is real but is very specific. It appears to always be the same two guys - black males in their 20's or possibly early 30's - who have been approaching people who are out walking alone and robbing them at gunpoint. No one has been injured as all victims have simply given up their wallets/purses and the robbers fled. Until recently they were targeting students who were pout late (e.g. 1 AM or 2 AM) but the most recent incident was at 8 PM - shortly after nightfall. Two incidents up by LeMoyne College and all the others in the SU campus / University area - all to the west of Westcott by a few blocks or more.
I saw that story in the PS last week... but it reported each crime with a slightly increasing degree of violence, with the most recent victim being pistol whipped.
- NewsChannel 9 WSYR Syracuse (http://m.9wsyr.com/display/2446/story/05d4b08cd82b8ed48c53cb2f3e6561a0 - broken link)

Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 AM

93,195 posts, read 123,783,345 times
I hope the students remember to use resources available to them through SU's Department of Public Safety: PublicSafety Website

Crime Prevention
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area