Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 02:58 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,079 times

Advertisements

No the one in Syracuse is more expensive, about double. Either way it's not a lot of money so I dont see it being a factor.

The Syracuse one is a good bit bigger as well. Maybe twice as big hence twice the price.

I've been to them both. I liked them both. I'd go to the closer one and call it a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 03:13 PM

The one I wanna see is this one rat cheer.................

https://ccprc.com/1546/Holiday-Festival-of-Lights

I listen to a radio station out of Charleston in my shop and they really got me wanting to see this one.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:40 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
The one I wanna see is this one rat cheer.................

https://ccprc.com/1546/Holiday-Festival-of-Lights

I listen to a radio station out of Charleston in my shop and they really got me wanting to see this one.
I like how this Festival of Lights allows you get out of your car and enjoy other things nearby. Given that Lights on the Lake is partially in the village of Liverpool, it would be cool to tie in businesses in the village to Lights on the Lake in a similar way. While Lughts on the Lake is supposedly the biggest display in the Northeast, I think allowing people to walk to things in the village that are tied into the display would take things to another level. You can walk through the display on the day, but offering a little more would be nice.

I'm also surprised that Skaneateles does have a light display that runs in conjunction with its Dickens Christmas festival.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:39 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,527,285 times
Heading up through your neck of the woods for Xmas - going to my family's house in the Adirondacks. What used to be an hour drive for me will be about 5 hours from Philly. Hoping that storm passing through doesn't make it too much worse! Wish I could teleport

Old 12-22-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Heading up through your neck of the woods for Xmas - going to my family's house in the Adirondacks. What used to be an hour drive for me will be about 5 hours from Philly. Hoping that storm passing through doesn't make it too much worse! Wish I could teleport
It is going to be strange, as the high for Christmas Eve will be in the mid 50's and in the 40's for Christmas. So, I wonder if we will actually see snow for Christmas.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:32 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,527,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It is going to be strange, as the high for Christmas Eve will be in the mid 50's and in the 40's for Christmas. So, I wonder if we will actually see snow for Christmas.
Yeah I've been watching the weather both down here and up there, and it's looking like it will be primarily rain since the temps will be warmer.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:19 AM

865 posts, read 2,161,753 times
Quote:
Syracuse.com has HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR CHRISTMAS as a title on their site. Then you read the article and that turns in to - it's going to be warm and it's probably going to sprinkle a bit. Sensationalist journalism at it's finest - I'd expect nothing less from Syracuse.com!

Old 12-23-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
Syracuse.com has HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR CHRISTMAS as a title on their site. Then you read the article and that turns in to - it's going to be warm and it's probably going to sprinkle a bit. Sensationalist journalism at it's finest - I'd expect nothing less from Syracuse.com!
Exactly and it is getting to be tiring. A high of 55 on Christmas Eve is essentially a heat wave during this time of year. Yup, very hazardous......

Old 12-23-2014, 10:55 AM

865 posts, read 2,161,753 times
Quote:
Exactly and it is getting to be tiring. A high of 55 on Christmas Eve is essentially a heat wave during this time of year. Yup, very hazardous......
Christmas present for myself: Not having to run the heat in my apartment while I'm gone for a few days! That'll save me some money and I don't have to worry about the cat freezing!

Old 12-23-2014, 04:13 PM

This is gonna be my dads first White Christmas in 30 years.

Oh wait……

I also got family coming in from NC for the first time in 16 years.

Personally I hate a white Christmas. Spending the day behind the snowblower is a part they left out of the song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area