Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 04:08 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,456 times

Advertisements

Great link!!!

I been to see a number of those both in person and online and talked to many of the realtors.

Some I would buy today.

Some look great but once you get to the area you see they are the last nice house left in a block going ghetto.

Many of them are foreclosures. But not listed as such. This seems to be a new thing, not being up front about that. These are generally cash only deals and take months to work out. They can be deals for flippers but I wish they wouldn't get mixed in.

Some are tear downs. Often tied in with the above foreclosed thing. They have been sitting empty so many years the pipes have frozen and things like that. Often the damage has happened after the pictures were taken so you can fall right in love only to find out.

And of coarse some are perfect.

I like the Realtors who use alot of pics of good quiality and in large number. The heated pool dream house has 124 pictures, you shouldn't have many questions left when you call. Including the important stuff. If I don't see a picture of the furnace I assume its a 1980 50% efficient throw away and without the electrical entrance I assume its a 1500 sq/ft house running on 4 circuits (very common around here). My wife says those house's with bad wirering have lasted this long. I say as long as you have a light bulb in each room and a radio in the living room like grandma you'll be fine. But we are a modern household and I bet we have 500 things in this house that plug in from ecigs to a AC unit in every window. I don't wanna go back to having to yell upstairs if anyone is using a hair dryer before heating a cup of coffee in the microwave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 04:59 AM

93,315 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Great link!!!

I been to see a number of those both in person and online and talked to many of the realtors.

Some I would buy today.

Some look great but once you get to the area you see they are the last nice house left in a block going ghetto.

Many of them are foreclosures. But not listed as such. This seems to be a new thing, not being up front about that. These are generally cash only deals and take months to work out. They can be deals for flippers but I wish they wouldn't get mixed in.

Some are tear downs. Often tied in with the above foreclosed thing. They have been sitting empty so many years the pipes have frozen and things like that. Often the damage has happened after the pictures were taken so you can fall right in love only to find out.

And of coarse some are perfect.

I like the Realtors who use alot of pics of good quiality and in large number. The heated pool dream house has 124 pictures, you shouldn't have many questions left when you call. Including the important stuff. If I don't see a picture of the furnace I assume its a 1980 50% efficient throw away and without the electrical entrance I assume its a 1500 sq/ft house running on 4 circuits (very common around here). My wife says those house's with bad wirering have lasted this long. I say as long as you have a light bulb in each room and a radio in the living room like grandma you'll be fine. But we are a modern household and I bet we have 500 things in this house that plug in from ecigs to a AC unit in every window. I don't wanna go back to having to yell upstairs if anyone is using a hair dryer before heating a cup of coffee in the microwave.
What are some of the homes you've been able to look at?

I'm sure that some of the homes at that price will need some updating, but may still be livable. It may be a matter of how much updating is needed though.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:16 AM

Vernon Real Estate - 143 Cedar St, Vernon, NY, 13461

This one is a tear down. Dream house from the road but its a foreclouser thats been sitting empty and has been damaged and full of mold most likely. All they will tell you is water damage but mold is risky stuff.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:20 AM

93,315 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Vernon Real Estate - 143 Cedar St, Vernon, NY, 13461

This one is a tear down. Dream house from the road but its a foreclouser thats been sitting empty and has been damaged and full of mold most likely. All they will tell you is water damage but mold is risky stuff.
Could it be taken care off with out a complete tear down though? I understand that mold in no joke, but is it to the point of a complete tear down?

What are some others from the list that you have been able to check out?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:20 AM

Oneida-Inside Real Estate - 220 Maple Drive, Oneida-Inside, NY, 13421

Dream house. Pool, unheated. New(er) everything and fantastic location. We could walk to everything and its 200 feet off RT 5 when we need to head out. Great price.

Its also sold.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Could it be taken care off with out a complete tear down though? I understand that mold in no joke, but is it to the point of a complete tear down?

What are some others from the list that you have been able to check out?
Its also got the pool that wasn't taken care of so would need to be filled in.

Its also on a fairly good sized crick. I don't wanna live near another crick.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:24 AM

Oneida-Inside Real Estate - 557 Main St, Oneida-Inside, NY, 13421

I go buy this house everyday.

I like it.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:26 AM

Oneida-Inside Real Estate - 224 Belmont Ave, Oneida-Inside, NY, 13421

I'm near this house often as well. Great area. Taxes are a little rough but I got nothing against it.

Another car free area.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:28 AM

Oneida-Inside Real Estate - 224 Belmont Ave, Oneida-Inside, NY, 13421

Area is fading fast. If I was living on that street and I had a long term plan to get out I wouldn't mind. But I would not move to that area.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:31 AM

Verona Real Estate - 6868 Stacy Basin Rd, Verona, NY, 13478

I'd wanna see some things but on the surface dream house.

Great area. Would need two cars but not a long drive and decent roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area