Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:06 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelon56 View Post
Doug's Fish Fry isn't bad but they don't use Haddock - instead they just have whatever mild flaky white fish is available. CJ's on outer Teall, Fish Cove (multiple locations but the one in Shop City is easiest for East siders) and a few other "fish fry's" are the places to go for fried Haddock.

You can do okay with fresh fish at the major supermarkets if you choose carefully and Owl's Head - a Boston area vendor who drives in fresh fish -often has trucks on Thursday and Friday that set up in a few locations on the eastern side of city (they used to park in Fayetteville - not sure if they still do.) If price is not a concern then Fin's 'n Tails on Erie Blvd near Thompson Road is THE place to buy fish (to cook at home.)

I have notbeen overly impressed with the Clam Bar. Oddly enough... the chain Bonefish Grill appears to be the best seafood restaurant in town. That being said - many local restaurants, 'bc' being a good example, have some great fish specials - especially Thurs through Saturday evenings.
The seafood guy and his truck (lobster is the big thing, apparently) seems to be parked outside of "Dazzle/New Dimensions'" retail store in the village of Manlius every Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM

149 posts, read 458,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Here's my surfboard artwork. I also made that lampshade as well. These were some of the projects I did to occupy myself during the winter time

That's pretty cool! I love to do similar things and get creative w/ stuff that no longer serves it's original purpose.

I sold my board for cash I'm sorry to say, but I'm REALLY looking forward to snow skiing if I ever get some free time. I love skiing and for a Florida boy I've gotten pretty good over the years. I've actually put away a little cash in hopes of buying a nice set of used ski's when we get up there.

Also, if you had the time (and courage) with an extra board I would imagine that you could remove the fins, wax it up really good and use it as a super sled.....would this work? I have no idea but it sounds fun!

^ Even if it is dangerous, it's probably safer than surfing on the EC of Florida right now seeing as how they have been finding quite a few White Sharks lately **Yikes**.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmj View Post
That's pretty cool! I love to do similar things and get creative w/ stuff that no longer serves it's original purpose.

I sold my board for cash I'm sorry to say, but I'm REALLY looking forward to snow skiing if I ever get some free time. I love skiing and for a Florida boy I've gotten pretty good over the years. I've actually put away a little cash in hopes of buying a nice set of used ski's when we get up there.

Also, if you had the time (and courage) with an extra board I would imagine that you could remove the fins, wax it up really good and use it as a super sled.....would this work? I have no idea but it sounds fun!

^ Even if it is dangerous, it's probably safer than surfing on the EC of Florida right now seeing as how they have been finding quite a few White Sharks lately **Yikes**.
I actually tried to sell my board when I was leaving Hawaii, but wasn't willing to go below a certain price. If I couldn't get at least that price, I decided I would bring it with me and come up with something creative I've got some emotional attachments to it, so it all works out.

I def don't have the courage to try turning a board into a sled - knowing me, I'd end up injuring myself beyond belief!

I've never skied before, but I have snowboarded - lots of fun! I really have no desire to try skiing... I'd rather have my feet together on one board than separated on 2 skis... I guess I'm weird

Old 07-22-2011, 07:23 AM

There's a Groupon for Fish Cove today

Westvale Fish Cove Deal of the Day | Groupon Syracuse

Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 PM

149 posts, read 458,193 times
Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to drop back in and let everyone know that we finally arrived here in Syracuse safe & sound. Thank you all so very much for your wonderful help. My family and I are so grateful and i hope to do the same for anyone whom I can help going forward. Thank you!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to drop back in and let everyone know that we finally arrived here in Syracuse safe & sound. Thank you all so very much for your wonderful help. My family and I are so grateful and i hope to do the same for anyone whom I can help going forward. Thank you!!!
Welcome to Syracuse!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 AM

655 posts, read 2,327,837 times
Default Welcome to Syracuse

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

Hi madmj,

I'm very happy to hear that your little family had a safe journey/move and arrival to Syracuse. Now you can start your familiarization/investigation of the various areas around Metro Syracuse to find some "favorite" shopping areas, restaurants, activities, & entertainment aspects. Then the serious/earnest/purposeful studies/work begins for you as you begin your important education at the SU Law School so you will achieve a successful future career and family life. My best wishes to you for your successful education and future endeavors.

Take good care of your wonderful pet Labrador dog.

Sincerely, ..........grdnrman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area