Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrman View Post
The quietest and best apartment complex I ever lived-in, in the Suburbs is Pinecrest Manor, 7300 Cedarpost Rd.-off W. Taft Rd., Liverpool. Wegman's is a short walk nearby or drive.

Pinecrest is concrete block and brick construction with concrete block walls=(drywall covered) BETWEEN apartments and with concrete floors covered with carpeting. I never - ever heard ANYTHING between my apartment and my neighbors apartments. Most apartment complexes are built of just wood & drywall with inadequate insulation/methods for the apartments to be quiet.

Pinecrest is strict about wild or loud or late-night parties and strict about paying rent on time, so if you do not have those traits, you should like living at Pinecrest. Pinecrest management never bothered me AT ALL, they took care of any problems immediately, and I enjoyed living there VERY MUCH. The monthly rent amount got a little high for me so I moved to Charter Oaks which was a mistake. Mistake because my neighbors below my apartment liked late-night (until 4 AM) parties and smoked marajuana-HEAVILY; you could smell it all through the hallways!! Management there was unpleasant at times for no reason. I always paid my rent on-time, was a quiet tenant, and have a civilized personality unless provoked.

Compared to MANY apt. complexes, Pinecrest is quieter and better than most complexes; especially when it comes to peace & quiet atmosphere.

grdnrman

I have talked to several people that have lived in Pinecrest Manor and they all say the same thing - STAY AWAY! While noise may not be a severe issue, there is a huge problem with management. I was going to look at these apartment but I had friends moving out of there at the time and they said it's definitely not worth the trouble. I trust my friends so it was immediately crossed off my list.

See for yourself all the comments on apartmentratings.com
Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 AM

17 posts, read 26,860 times
I looked into Pinecrest when I was first looking for apartments and was not impressed. Management seemed very clueless when they brought me around.

I'll look into the Meadows -- are there a lot of college students that live there though, considering it's right across from OCC? And though the price is steep, I'll look into Steeplechase if it means less noise. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan21 View Post
I looked into Pinecrest when I was first looking for apartments and was not impressed. Management seemed very clueless when they brought me around.

I'll look into the Meadows -- are there a lot of college students that live there though, considering it's right across from OCC? And though the price is steep, I'll look into Steeplechase if it means less noise. Thanks.
One of my friends actually just moved out of the Meadows (otherwise I would've never heard of it). She said there was definitely alot of partying going on which she didn't like because she's past college. I believe she said that there was either a shooting or something that happened literally the day she was moving out and this was only about a month or two ago. (She now lives in a fourplex in Eastwood and loves it)

Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 PM

17 posts, read 26,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
One of my friends actually just moved out of the Meadows (otherwise I would've never heard of it). She said there was definitely alot of partying going on which she didn't like because she's past college. I believe she said that there was either a shooting or something that happened literally the day she was moving out and this was only about a month or two ago. (She now lives in a fourplex in Eastwood and loves it)
Oy. Scratch that off the list. Maybe I'll just look for a flat or rent a house...

Old 11-17-2011, 12:40 PM

93,196 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Wow! The Meadows had a shooting? When did this happen? It was pretty much families and with the dorms at OCC, I'm surprised that many students live there. I'll try to ask my parents, as they live on Onondaga Hill. There are some apartments near Westhill High like Winkworth Apartments and Woodhaven Apartments that may work.

According to a review website, there appears to have been a suicide: Section 8 S - - T ..., Not Recommended, Oct 15, 2011, apartment review of The Meadows at West Brook Apartments in Syracuse, NY

Man, what the heck happened there and I wonder who owns it now.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Wow! The Meadows had a shooting? When did this happen? It was pretty much families and with the dorms at OCC, I'm surprised that many students live there. I'll try to ask my parents, as they live on Onondaga Hill. There are some apartments near Westhill High like Winkworth Apartments and Woodhaven Apartments that may work.

According to a review website, there appears to have been a suicide: Section 8 S - - T ..., Not Recommended, Oct 15, 2011, apartment review of The Meadows at West Brook Apartments in Syracuse, NY

Man, what the heck happened there and I wonder who owns it now.
Ahh it was the armed robbery that I was thinking of. Didn't know there was a suicide as well! As you can see by the date it happened in Oct, my friend has only been out of there for a month and she only told me about this within the past few weeks.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:45 PM

845 posts, read 1,687,227 times
My girlfriend moved into the Meadows in July of this year. It's incredibly quiet where she is, I have seen no sketchy people anywhere and no one has monkeyed with or broken into her car or mine. At over $700 for the standard two bedroom unit it's hard to imagine them accepting Section 8 but it is a big complex so perhaps they are. I know what student slums and inner city ghetto neighborhoods look and feel like as I have lived in and around both. I'm not seeing any of this at the Meadows but perhaps she got lucky being in a building way back in the corner that is very quiet.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelon56 View Post
My girlfriend moved into the Meadows in July of this year. It's incredibly quiet where she is, I have seen no sketchy people anywhere and no one has monkeyed with or broken into her car or mine. At over $700 for the standard two bedroom unit it's hard to imagine them accepting Section 8 but it is a big complex so perhaps they are. I know what student slums and inner city ghetto neighborhoods look and feel like as I have lived in and around both. I'm not seeing any of this at the Meadows but perhaps she got lucky being in a building way back in the corner that is very quiet.
Yeah, this seems to be more like it, but it is a big complex. Both of the incidents seem to be very personal and the college student thing seemed to be odd considering how long that complex has been around, along with the new dorms that are on the OCC Campus.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 PM

Yeah I've never personally been to the Meadows and don't know anything about it other than what my friend told me recently.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 AM

It is also possible because the same company that owns the Meadows owns Orchard Estates, which does accept Section 8. To what degree is anyone's guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area