Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:47 PM

845 posts, read 1,688,284 times

Advertisements

There's tea grown in the US? Or is it just packaged here? I didn't think we had the right climate anywhere except in Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 02:53 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,789,634 times
I didn't realize TJ's was an Aldi brand. Does that mean their stuff is distributed already out of the Aldi distribution centers, such as the one in Tully?

Wegmans does have an edge-of-downtown location in Corning too, similar to Auburn's (and also Williamsport, PA). It's a shame they don't do more of that vs. the uber-upscale strip malls they seem now to favor.

Tops certainly does have a number of locations in Onondaga and bordering counties. The Cortland, Ithaca, and Auburn spots for sure have been Tops for a while not ex-P&C locations. In Wellsboro the switch from BiLo to Tops was a surface cosmetic improvement in the store and a great improvement in merchandise stocked within.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,611 times
I sure am!!!!!

http://www.charlestonteaplantation.com/

Old 10-20-2011, 05:32 AM

60 posts, read 109,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post

Wow! Guess you really do learn something every day. So is this tea available anywhere locally? I'd like to try it.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
That is WAY cool. The only place in the continental US where coffee could be grown (climactically speaking) is in the San Diego area but the elevation is too low for good coffee and land is too costly - thus our only US coffee is grown in HI. I visited a tea plantation in India last winter during a coffee tour and it was fascinating.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:15 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,990 times
I haven't heard any updates about previously announced plans to relocate the Food Co-Op in the Westcott Area. After the site on East Genesee fell through it seems all went quiet.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:18 AM

There was an unsubstantiated rumor about them moving into the area of South Salina Street where Dunk & Bright and the South Side Technology Center are located but I heard that once and not a word since then.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM

1,301 posts, read 3,580,317 times
Quote:
The awesome Tops are gone from CNY.
They are? Didn't they replace a lot of the P&C stores here recently?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:37 AM

I can't speak for Sean but I can say that the Syracuse area Tops which are rebranded, cleaned up and improved P&Cs are not up to snuff with the original Tops markets that were in Central NY some years back and then pulled out. The Tops in Ithaca at Triphammer Rd and Rte 13 is one that remained. For me... because I live close to the Nottingham Rd east side Tops... it's a huge improvement. The store is consistently clean, reasonably well stocked, has a better layout, no longer smells funny when you walk in and they've also improved the exterior and the parking lot.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:53 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,611 times
The tea is not really sold Upstate but mailorder is painless. It is sold in the city at IIRC several places one of which is right in GCT. I wanted to tour the plantation when I was in Charleston last year but just didn't have the time. I love that area like crazy so I'll get there someday.

The Oneida PC closed right up. It sat there abandonned for several years but I think and aut parts seller is in part of the building now. Tops left for good here but Sherril and Canastota have converted Tops. My Mom lived by the one in Sherril and its alright but not the same as they were. I'm sure the real ones are still great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area