Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:25 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,687 times

Advertisements

Coming to the Rochester area! I'll definitely be willing to make the drive a few times a year to check this place out!

Trader Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 01:38 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,865,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Coming to the Rochester area! I'll definitely be willing to make the drive a few times a year to check this place out!

Trader Joe
Could Syracuse be next? I would settle for a TJ's, they are not over priced like Whole Foods. I think it should be considered for downtown and university hill area.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:43 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,456 times
If I flip you a couple bucks for gas can you pick me up some coffee??

Old 10-14-2011, 01:43 PM

525 posts, read 899,659 times
Be careful though they have a lot of junk food.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:54 PM

93,301 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanplanner View Post
Could Syracuse be next? I would settle for a TJ's, they are not over priced like Whole Foods. I think it should be considered for downtown and university hill area.
I think it is a matter of time before it happens. A good location could be the Midtown/Lower University Hill area near the Center of Excellence and Bio Tech Center.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:58 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,783 times
I'd love to see them come here. Though they do seem to be extending the distance between stores - the nearest store to Rochester is in State College, PA. I'm curious whether they're taking their supply route that way (from towards Pittsburgh) rather than downstate.

I'll certainly be making the trip a few times a year. Still far closer to Syracuse than anywhere else. I love me some TJs... make a point at stopping at their stores anytime my travels take me near one.

Got to be a blow to the bring Trader Joes to Albany folks though.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:05 PM

I've only been to afew TJ's but the ones I have seen were either in a VERY busy DT with alot of foot traffic or a car-centric road of strip malls like Erie Blvd.

Plus they would be stocking the store from a heavy truck so easy in and out from the Thruway would be important. The ones in DT's are in areas with several stores in the same area that they could send a small day cab tractor. But Syracuse would be one truck stopping all across the state.

I vote Erie Blvd.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:19 PM

93,301 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
I've only been to afew TJ's but the ones I have seen were either in a VERY busy DT with alot of foot traffic or a car-centric road of strip malls like Erie Blvd.

Plus they would be stocking the store from a heavy truck so easy in and out from the Thruway would be important. The ones in DT's are in areas with several stores in the same area that they could send a small day cab tractor. But Syracuse would be one truck stopping all across the state.

I vote Erie Blvd.
For the best of both worlds, you can put it on or close to Erie Boulevard in the general area I mentioned. That waycit could work logistically and be close to DT, SU and others that may patronize it from say Hawley-Green, the East Side neighborhoods and maybe even the Eastern suburbs. With that said, the former Paradise Market/Hechinger or the old Price Chopper on Erie Boulevard in DeWit would work.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:43 PM

As you know I don't know the area super well and its a pretty short road anyway but I'm actually thinking farther up. Maybe near the Bed Bath&Beyound mall (sorry, don't know the name). They don't need a big space.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:55 PM

162 posts, read 274,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
As you know I don't know the area super well and its a pretty short road anyway but I'm actually thinking farther up. Maybe near the Bed Bath&Beyound mall (sorry, don't know the name). They don't need a big space.
If they did consider the area, I would hope not. That part of Erie Blvd is strip mall hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area