Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 10:27 AM

29 posts, read 37,521 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Getting all settled in the new house in Camillus, been in for about 3 weeks. Life is so good, loving the weather and being close to the family. My son turned two and we had a huge family party for him on Sunday at the house.

The hubby is doing great for being Miami born. He loves blowing the leaves which we have a ton of and he found a job a week after we got into the house. He had two offers so there is work out there if you want to work!

My daughter is loving Easthill school. She has tested ahead of her grade level which I was nervous about coming from Florida.

We went to the ski sale at the fairgrounds and all got ski's or snow boards so bring on the snow!

Now that I have internet at home I hope to participate more on the forum. Take care everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 10:47 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,619,001 times
Welcome back to CNY. Camillus is a great town and I miss it considerably and I'm not even a native. I miss the fall season in upstate New York with changing leaves, SU football, and cool temps. If you haven't tried it already, The Erie Canal Trail in Camillus (just north of the village on Newport Road) has some nice walking trails.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM

1,671 posts, read 2,864,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaynever View Post
Hi All,

Getting all settled in the new house in Camillus, been in for about 3 weeks. Life is so good, loving the weather and being close to the family. My son turned two and we had a huge family party for him on Sunday at the house.

The hubby is doing great for being Miami born. He loves blowing the leaves which we have a ton of and he found a job a week after we got into the house. He had two offers so there is work out there if you want to work!

My daughter is loving Easthill school. She has tested ahead of her grade level which I was nervous about coming from Florida.

We went to the ski sale at the fairgrounds and all got ski's or snow boards so bring on the snow!

Now that I have internet at home I hope to participate more on the forum. Take care everyone!
Welcome to CNY!...as a native of CNY and still here in Florida, I am envious. I have friends and family in Westvale, near Fairmont Fair. I am very happy for you and your family. Congratulations to your daughter, she will get a excellent education at East Hill and in CNY in general (compared to Florida). When she is ready, West Genessee High School is excellent and offers an Advanced Placement Program with local colleges, see link.

West Genesee High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

all the best!!...sounds like it is!

Old 10-18-2011, 12:25 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,481 times
WOO HOO!! Welcome!

Old 10-18-2011, 12:27 PM

93,164 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Yes and I love reading posts like this. Welcome home.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM

655 posts, read 2,327,837 times
Default Welcome to Metro Syracuse

Hi Never, Husband, children & your parents,

Your whole family sounds real happy about moving to Camillus. The neighborhood in Camillus where you bought a house is a nice established area. I think your children are going to be happy in the schools of the excellent West Genesee (Camillus) School District.

So your husband is getting acquainted with the area and likes it here. He got 2 job offers just one week after moving into your Camillus home, terrific!

I'm happy for your whole family.

You are getting all equipped for Winter snow sports, good. You'll enjoy those 4 ski areas south of Metro Syracuse. Try some daytime slow snowmobiling with the kids too; slow since its the kids first snowmobile experience=the kids won't get too scared that way. The children will probably like making snowmen and snow forts.

You plan to participate more on City-Data? That's great. You'll be able to help other people with your first-hand experience and perspective about relocating to Metro Syracuse.

I think you will enjoy your new home here. Welcome to Central NY.

grdnrman

Old 10-18-2011, 07:28 PM

29 posts, read 37,521 times
Thanks everyone! They are actually re-opening the Camillus ski hill this year really close to our house, next to Easthill school. That will be great for the kids to start out with.

The WG band practices everyday, rain or shine after school until like 7pm! We like to go watch them, my 2y/o loves the music.

We will be hitting up the walking trails soon. We have been biking in the neighborhood. Really neat street we bought on, all of the owners in the four houses across from me are the original owners! We are the 3rd owners of this house so they know all the history, fun to listen to them.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:37 PM

1,301 posts, read 3,577,383 times
The Camillus ski hill! Forgot about that. That is just about the weirdest quirk in Camillus. A ski hill right in the middle of a residential area.

Do you like to skate? Don't forget there's a rink over at Shove Park.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 AM

93,164 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
The Camillus ski hill! Forgot about that. That is just about the weirdest quirk in Camillus. A ski hill right in the middle of a residential area.

Do you like to skate? Don't forget there's a rink over at Shove Park.
Also, if your daughter is into sports check into WOYSA and other youth organizations in the area. There are plenty of them in Camillus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area