Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:19 AM

94,271 posts, read 125,194,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinaar View Post
Yes, saw the basements but we are coming from a 4 bedroom with a full attic of storage (and back yard of storage) so are already desperately trying to downsize to fit into the 3 bedroom. My two youngest will be sharing a room which works for now since they are only 6 and 8 but after a couple years I doubt my son will want to be that close to his lil sister!

Yep, ckh, no availability of 3 bedrooms at Breaside.

I will update as I go and can hopefully help others moving to the area once on the other side. There are actually a few other Navy guys going at the same time, and one of them I know is having a hard time as they have a big dog (I can imagine as it was hard enough for us with a small dog). So looking out for a place for them too.

Perhaps they can look at rental homes instead. RealtyUSA - Property - Property-List
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM

53 posts, read 155,788 times
Default Rivers Pointe

So, I just heard from Rivers Pointe Apartments in Liverpool. They will let me have my Morkie in their brand new apartments opening July 1st. These look great although they are a bit above our desired price. Does anyone know where these places are? What do you think? Anyone seen them? Better then Saddle Club?

(I know we are just about to sign with Saddle Club, I just love the idea of the second bathroom and attached garage, so am re-thinking.)

Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 PM

From what I see, it is near the Route 31 corridor in Clay. So, it is near plenty of shopping and highway access. I'd look into it.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,633,365 times
NewsChannel 9 had a story last night about a craigslist rental scam that bilked four prospective renters out of $1,000 each. A craiglist ad listed a well maintained 2 bedroom home in the Outer Comstock area near SU for only $700 a month, well below the market rate. Interested renters were asked to send $1,000 in order to take occupancy of the house. It turns out the home wasn't for sale or rent. In other cases, scammers have posted ads for properties that are for rent but with lower rental rates. This problem isn't unique to Syracuse, however I wanted to give prospective renters a heads up.

Story from WSYR-TV
CNY realtors warn of Craigslist scams - NewsChannel 9 WSYR

Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 AM

Great, now I'm all freaked out. Can someone please confirm that Rivers Pointe apartments do exist and there is a nice lady named Karen there. I hope I'm not going to get a lease for a piece of mud in Nigeria.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinaar View Post
Great, now I'm all freaked out. Can someone please confirm that Rivers Pointe apartments do exist and there is a nice lady named Karen there. I hope I'm not going to get a lease for a piece of mud in Nigeria.
They exist. That scam is a separate matter related to Craigslist.

Rivers Pointe Apartments for Rent | Liverpool NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Old 05-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Thanks, ckh. I wish we would have had time for a house hunting trip, it's a little nerve wracking not knowing were we will be. I'm thinking I'm safe so far though because she's only asked for $350 to secure the apartment and no wire money transfers or anything. The apartments are supposed to be opening up July 1st, right when we get there. Cutting it close aren't we! Hopefully they at least have the structure up, not just a dirt pile. lol

Ckh, these look like they are right up next to the Home Depot (shopping center with Target, Walmart, all that). The Northern mall or something like that being across the highway, correct? I'm using google maps and trying to drive around using street view to get an idea of the area.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,625,405 times
It's kinda weird that there are only renderings and no reviews of the place. I tried to Google map it, but the Google car hasn't covered that back road. Hopefully someone in the area can assure you that there is an apartment complex there.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
It's kinda weird that there are only renderings and no reviews of the place. I tried to Google map it, but the Google car hasn't covered that back road. Hopefully someone in the area can assure you that there is an apartment complex there.
Here's another description of Rivers Pointe: Apartments in Syracuse, New York | Rivers Pointe Apartments | Liverpool, NY

I'll try to drive by later to make sure though.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 05-24-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,625,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Yes, that is a directory website. All you have to do is make one listing and hundreds of directory websites will pick it up which makes it seem legit. It is just a duplicate of the same information.

This on the other hand makes it more tangible. Clay's plan for Three Rivers Point development keeps chugging along | syracuse.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area