Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:03 PM

60 posts, read 110,516 times

Advertisements

I don't know...it seems they have about one event planned per month in the theater. They kicked out at least 6-7 businesses from the building. The only new business seems to be Swanson Cleaners. Lots and lots of empty storefronts all down Jefferson and Clinton Streets.

And WHAT HAPPENED TO CLARK'S??? I thought they were supposed to re-open in the spring. I really miss their roast beef sandwich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,546,946 times
The Kandied Kernel now open; Clark's Ale House deal still possible | syracuse.com

Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Kandied Kernal has already closed down. I walked by there today and didn't see anything.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,546,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumseig View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Kandied Kernal has already closed down. I walked by there today and didn't see anything.
Looks like they are alive and well - Home - The Kandied Kernel
If you look at their FB page, they've even been posting today

Old 06-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Looks like they are alive and well - Home - The Kandied Kernel
If you look at their FB page, they've even been posting today

Now I know why I didn't see it. That's not in the Landmark building at all, it's further down Clinton Street.
Has anyone tried their popcorn?

Old 06-20-2012, 01:22 PM

580 posts, read 1,177,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumseig View Post
I don't know...it seems they have about one event planned per month in the theater. They kicked out at least 6-7 businesses from the building. The only new business seems to be Swanson Cleaners. Lots and lots of empty storefronts all down Jefferson and Clinton Streets.

And WHAT HAPPENED TO CLARK'S??? I thought they were supposed to re-open in the spring. I really miss their roast beef sandwich.
Not sure about the frequency of events in the Landmark, but I'm thinking it's more than one per month. And they only bought out one tenant's lease - Clark's. All the other storefronts were unoccupied before the renovation. The storefronts along Clinton Street no longer have retail space behind them (the stage expansion has consumed that space), so we won't see any activity there. Someone looks to be building out the corner spot on Salina and Jefferson, though.

I'm with you on the "what happened to Clark's?" Honestly, the proprietor seems to be putting a thumb into the collective eye of an enthusiastic and exceedingly loyal customer base. They said they had a lease and were opening on Clinton Street, then they didn't. Their website is dead and they don't reply to the inquiries that former customers leave on the Facebook page. Pretty tone-deaf if you ask me.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM

94,272 posts, read 125,194,457 times
I believe that many of the area schools actually held their proms at the Landmark.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:24 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,625,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Park View Post
I'm with you on the "what happened to Clark's?" Honestly, the proprietor seems to be putting a thumb into the collective eye of an enthusiastic and exceedingly loyal customer base. They said they had a lease and were opening on Clinton Street, then they didn't. Their website is dead and they don't reply to the inquiries that former customers leave on the Facebook page. Pretty tone-deaf if you ask me.
They got paid a pretty penny to leave and auctioned off everything in the building. If they were going to open a new spot, one would think they would have held on to the stuff inside that made it Clarks.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 PM

84 posts, read 125,272 times
I've tried the popcorn at the Kandied Kernal and its pretty good. They are definitely still open; I was just there last night. They even recently expanded their hours, although they strangely stopped offering ice cream (which would probably have made them a killing today). The employees are very nice every time I'm there and I even spoke to the owner my first time in their last month. Sadly she said that they got some significant hate from some people who came in there after their opening saying that they took the spot from Clark's. She said that when she signed the lease the owners told her no one was looking into the space. I know she even had a poster on the counter stating that it wasn't their fault for Clark's continued absence.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 PM

580 posts, read 1,177,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
They got paid a pretty penny to leave and auctioned off everything in the building. If they were going to open a new spot, one would think they would have held on to the stuff inside that made it Clarks.
Yeah, I agree. But it's odd that they made so much noise about a potential reopening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area