U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 5,806 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I am a native northern NY'er, considering moving back to the area. I have a potential job offer at Community General. I have done some browsing of this site, so I am a little familiar with the area. I have a teenager in high school and also a baby. I am looking to move somewhere that has the following qualities: a good high school, a walkable neighborhood (or at least somewhere I can leave my house with a stroller and take a walk without getting in my car), a local park would be nice. Proximity to the hospital is important as I will be on call. 15 minutes away tops. I would like to spend less than $1400 a month on rent and ideally need 4 bedrooms. My problem is that all the rentals in my price range are in undesirable areas and the ones in the suburbs seem to run at least $1900. Am I looking for the impossible?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM

63,433 posts, read 88,919,982 times
Off the top my head, Braeside Apartments in the village of Marcellus may work, but they only go up to 3 bedrooms, I believe. Marcellus is similar to say Clayton, Brownsville/Dexter or Adams. You would just take Seneca Turnpike to Community General. Is there anything else that you are looking for in a community?

Braeside | Dawn Homes Realty Investor

Walk Score of 27 South St Marcellus NY 13108

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 11-14-2012 at 01:40 PM..

Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 AM

Wow ckh that was extremely helpful! Marcellus looks nice. I do like living somewhere with access to nature and beauty, yet also shops and entertainment. I'm tryig to satisfy a 14 year old's need for a place to hang out, a baby's need for fresh air, and my needs for all of the above. The only thing is I wish there was a pool! I'm currently living 2 miles from the ocean, and I grew up on the St. Lawrence. I need a place to swim!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycatcher101 View Post
Wow ckh that was extremely helpful! Marcellus looks nice. I do like living somewhere with access to nature and beauty, yet also shops and entertainment. I'm tryig to satisfy a 14 year old's need for a place to hang out, a baby's need for fresh air, and my needs for all of the above. The only thing is I wish there was a pool! I'm currently living 2 miles from the ocean, and I grew up on the St. Lawrence. I need a place to swim!
I posted a rental home that is within your range in Skaneateles and that may work as well. Skaneateles has plenty of recreational offerings for kids(and adults) and it is a very nice village with great schools as well on a Finger Lake. I think the home is in a more rural area within the town of Skaneateles, but you shouldn't be too far from the village(I believe that it is a mile and a half from the village). It is a little bit further down Route 175(Seneca Turnpike). So, it is still within a pretty quick drive to Community General. Skaneateles Area Chamber Of Commerce - Welcome to Skaneateles

Skaneateles CSD

Welcome to the Village of Skaneateles!

Town Of Skaneateles Government Site

Skaneateles Festival Home

Mid-Lakes Navigation | Cruising on Skaneateles Lake and The Erie Canal

Skaneateles Journal

About the Skaneateles Y | Skaneateles YMCA

Skaneateles Lake

Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 AM

What do you think about Liverpool? It seems like a lot of people like it for young families. Is that far from CGH? North Syracuse is nice as it is closer to my family in St. Lawrence County.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycatcher101 View Post
What do you think about Liverpool? It seems like a lot of people like it for young families. Is that far from CGH? North Syracuse is nice as it is closer to my family in St. Lawrence County.
Both could work, as it is easy to get around the area. You aren't more than 20 minutes from anywhere. Keep in mind that they have the 2 biggest HS's in the area, but they are still good districts.

Here is another home rental that I found: Home for Rent

and more: Village Spacious three bedroom

ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED

Spacious Old Style Rental in N. Syracuse! (?)

North Syracuse Village Home

Westvale/Owner financing/20kdown

3-4 BR Home off Maple Dr. in Dewitt (Across from Wegmans) 6 mi. to SU!

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 11-15-2012 at 08:40 AM..

Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM

Large Cape Cod in Fairmount for Rent or Lease Option

HUGE 4 Bedroom (?)

4 B.R. House (?)

J-D School District Single Family Home (?)

Baldwinsville lease option available

waterfront 4 bedroom home for rent

14 Echodale Avenue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area