Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 AM

214 posts, read 325,553 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a reformed church around the Jamesville/Dewitt or Fayetteville areas? We have an 18 month old toddler, so a child/family friendly environment is a must. Our family is new to reformed theology, so I can't give a very detailed explanation of what we're looking for - all I know is that we've been drawn to the teachings of RC Sproul.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
I know that there is one on Teall Ave. near James Street. DigitaliCreation :: In the context of community It is more inline with what I believe that you are looking for, which is more Calvinist, if i'm not mistaken.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,759,133 times
My friend and his family sound much like your family. I just asked him and they go to Reformed Presbyterian on South Salina St. - he said you'll fit right in if you like Sproul. The Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America - Congregation Detail

Another option - where his brother's family goes - is Hope OPC on Onondaga Hill. Hope Presbyterian Church ( Reformed ) | An Orthodox Presbyterian (Reformed) Church proclaiming the gospel in Syracuse, Onondaga Hill, and Central New York State.

He said those are pretty much the only two options for Calvinists in the area. hth!

Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
My friend and his family sound much like your family. I just asked him and they go to Reformed Presbyterian on South Salina St. - he said you'll fit right in if you like Sproul. The Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America - Congregation Detail

Another option - where his brother's family goes - is Hope OPC on Onondaga Hill. Hope Presbyterian Church ( Reformed ) | An Orthodox Presbyterian (Reformed) Church proclaiming the gospel in Syracuse, Onondaga Hill, and Central New York State.

He said those are pretty much the only two options for Calvinists in the area. hth!
Thanks for the help!

Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I know that there is one on Teall Ave. near James Street. DigitaliCreation :: In the context of community It is more inline with what I believe that you are looking for, which is more Calvinist, if i'm not mistaken.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area