Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 PM

9 posts, read 32,147 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, my name's Sean and I sometimes post on Syracuse.com. I came across this forum in a Google search. I recognize some of the user names from Syracuse.com on here (Rollsroyce, urbanplanner etc.) and wanted to say hello. I will past some links to some of my material that was published on Syracuse.com (an opinion piece and a published comment) if anyone is interested in my background. I graduated from Le Moyne College in 2008 with a biology degree, but eventually had to leave the state in early 2010 to take a job in the pharmaceutical industry near Philly. I come up to Syracuse quite frequently and still attend many Syracuse football games, though I don't get season tickets any more. I still hold on to the dream that I can find a good job back in Syracuse and finally come home for good. Take care everyone!

MOD CUT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM

93,164 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Moyne_Cuse_08 View Post
Hi everyone, my name's Sean and I sometimes post on Syracuse.com. I came across this forum in a Google search. I recognize some of the user names from Syracuse.com on here (Rollsroyce, urbanplanner etc.) and wanted to say hello. I will past some links to some of my material that was published on Syracuse.com (an opinion piece and a published comment) if anyone is interested in my background. I graduated from Le Moyne College in 2008 with a biology degree, but eventually had to leave the state in early 2010 to take a job in the pharmaceutical industry near Philly. I come up to Syracuse quite frequently and still attend many Syracuse football games, though I don't get season tickets any more. I still hold on to the dream that I can find a good job back in Syracuse and finally come home for good. Take care everyone!

MOD CUT
This is what I could find, but there isn't too much: Pharmaceutical jobs in Syracuse, NY - Indeed Mobile

Science jobs in Syracuse, NY - Indeed Mobile

Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,619,001 times
Quote:

MOD CUT

Good to hear from you, Sean. I too would like to move back someday.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times
At least you spell Sean correctly.

Ill make room for you two first chance I get so it won't get to crowded here.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 AM

A few in here may work too: Jobs Pharmaceutical jobs in Ithaca, NY - Indeed Mobile

science jobs in Ithaca, NY - Indeed Mobile

Old 03-19-2013, 11:46 AM

science jobs in Norwich NY - Indeed Mobile

Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 PM

9 posts, read 32,147 times
Indeed.com is definitely a good web site and I am fully aware of places like Bristol Myers, AMRI, Hanford and Steri-Pharma in Syracuse and places like ICON in Whitesboro and Norwich Pharma, however, there just aren't enough available positions between these companies. The positions that are available are usually entry-level and don't offer relocation assistance etiher. With all of that said though, I am holding out hope that the CNY Biotech Accelerator that is supposed to open soon will draw more companies and bring more Pharma/Biotech jobs to Syracuse. Does anyone have any recent news/updates on the status of this building? I periodically see things about it on Syracuse.com, but not too much.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 PM

As far as I know, it looks like construction is still occurring, but I'm not sure as to when it will open. This is the latest information I could find: Kennedy Square buildings come down to make way for more redevelopment | syracuse.com

Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 AM

84 posts, read 124,931 times
The biotechnology center is slated to open soon. Upstate is holding seminars in the building about research involving pharmaceuticals starting next week I believe. If your looking for jobs involving science your best bet is to go directly to the company/research institute websites for openings. Bristol-Meyers Squib has a campus near Syracuse and researchers at SU and Upstate are often looking for research assistants.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 AM

1,671 posts, read 2,864,912 times
Quote:

MOD CUT
Welcome!

Thanks for the great post Sean. We look forward to hearing from you and how you are doing.

There are number of us who would like to move back.

Last edited by urbanplanner; 03-20-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area