Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:28 PM

3,532 posts, read 9,443,355 times

Advertisements

Thanks dcomposto. Now I understand what arudd427 was getting at.

I'm not really trying to convince you to move to any one suburb over another. Just trying to point out the pros and cons of each location. For example, Liverpool is less expensive and there are neighborhoods which as literally across the street from the Woodward Industrial Park. Then again Liverpool is in a large school district, lacks hills and some parts aren't as attractive as other suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 06:38 PM

24 posts, read 145,803 times
I understand you are not trying to convince me to move to one area over the other. You have given me some great info and photos. I am so grateful I stumbled onto this website.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:39 PM

538 posts, read 2,460,591 times
How much snow has Syracuse gotten now that it has finally gotten cold? Here in NJ we have gotten an inch or two- its lame....enough to make the roads slippery, but not enough to go sledding or get off from work!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:04 PM

37 inches so far this season in Syracuse.

Buffalo has 43 inches of snow so far.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:34 PM

Here are my pics of the Route 31 commercial corridor in Clay.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 PM

302 posts, read 1,050,426 times
Any chance of some snowy pictures bellafinzi? After All the warm weather you have had for winter, you are paying for it now. I would love to see some SNOW!

Thanks!!

Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 AM

62 posts, read 140,320 times
Default Pictures of Cazenovia?

Again, thank you for the beautiful pics. Do you have any of Cazenovia or the Onondaga area?
It will be so nice to move to a green area where you don't have to worry about a water shortage all year.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:42 AM

11 posts, read 53,166 times
Hi Bellafinzi, thanks for all the pics I've seen. I'm new to this forum, but my family may be relocating to the Syracuse area as early as next month. I've never been there before but seeing the pictures and reading all of the posts on this thread are helping me to understand a little more. Clay seems to be a nice area, and close to shopping, stores, etc.? Where are the higher end homes located there? Not looking to buy a home right away, but want to start looking at the areas. Thanks.

Last edited by cnybound; 02-06-2007 at 12:30 PM..

Old 02-06-2007, 03:22 PM

cuse, almost all the snow has been limited to Oswego County. Other than a couple inches of snow on Monday, Syracuse has been sunny, but cold the last few days.

ddana, thanks! Sorry, no Cazenovia pictures. I plan to go there someday to get some pictures, maybe this summer. I have a thread showing some of my pictures of the Town of Onondaga. Keeping checking back because in the next couple weeks I'll be adding a few more pictures to the Onondaga photo thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnybound View Post
Hi Bellafinzi, thanks for all the pics I've seen. I'm new to this forum, but my family may be relocating to the Syracuse area as early as next month. I've never been there before but seeing the pictures and reading all of the posts on this thread are helping me to understand a little more. Clay seems to be a nice area, and close to shopping, stores, etc.? Where are the higher end homes located there? Not looking to buy a home right away, but want to start looking at the areas. Thanks.
Thank you! Most higher end homes are off Buckley Road, just west of the Village of North Syracuse. Since that area butts up against the Clay Marsh State protected forever wild area, most of that area doesn't have any more room for more development. One small housing development is under construction near there, but most of the homes built there are only about $200,000. Mike Bragman is planning to build an upscale development way far north near Oswego County and Brewerton soon. But that development would be miles away from shopping etc and is more rural. There was a development called Orange Commons that was approved a couple years, but hasn't begun construction yet....still don't know why. Orange Commons was to be an upscale development located across from the Clay Town Hall off Route 31.

The Town of Lysander (Baldwinsville area) is located very close to the shopping areas of Clay and Lysander has many more upscale developments to choose from. So you may want to check out that area too. It's a little more rural than Clay, but still nice.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 PM

11 posts, read 53,166 times
Thanks I'm sure once I get to the area, and start looking I will become more familiar. I'm not trying to go too upscale, but just maybe a little better than the average home and a little larger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area