Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 PM

3,512 posts, read 9,423,627 times

Advertisements

Thanks cnybound! Yes, this is most snow we've had on the ground since the blizzard of 93'. The snow has compacted a little, but not much melting yet with highs in the low 30s. The weather pattern is a little more normal now. Still some snow and temperatures are a little below normal, but not nearly as cold and snowy as before. Hopefully, March will be better. Normally March is the month of the big meltdown with average temperatures in the 40s.

The Liverpool and Clay area have many Apartment complexes. Since I'm not familiar with which ones are the best, the only advice I can give is to check out the newer Apartments first. Just because they probably have the most up-to-date amenities, and the least structural or tenant problems.

Just down the road from my neighborhood there is a new Apartment complex, built a couple years ago, called Ravada Hill Apartments. You may want to check it out. The Address is 4780 Buckley Rd, Liverpool, NY 13088.

Here is a photo I took of Ravada Hill Apartments while it was still under construction.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 01:19 PM

16 posts, read 70,778 times
My husband and I will be relocating to the Syracuse area. We are looking for a home on over 2 acres, in a good school district, low crime area. I was looking at your description of the area (which i am not familiar with) and you seem to know alot about the area. This is very helpful. We currently live in StonyBrook NY long Island. I would love to be on a lake. I don't know if this is possible up there for us. Thank you

Old 03-15-2007, 04:38 AM

14 posts, read 92,930 times
Default new member, thank you!

Hello,
Excuse me.
My friend’s Mr.bellafinzi
Can you tell me with some information about it topic*, planning urban to “suburbs” in your district, pleased.
The idea is learn to “quality of life”.
I’d like make confrontation with my region.
I see your picture of suburbs, it’s a good impression.
I’d like learn more about it is subject.

*The typical home in lots and street.

This had attended mine discussion in my place.

Thank you very much.

I’m from suburb the Mogi Guaçu, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

My name’s Rogerio.
E-mail. rogeriofocco@yahoo.com.br
Good bye.

Last edited by rogeriofocco; 03-25-2007 at 04:24 PM..

Old 03-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriofocco View Post
Hello,
Excuse me.
My friend’s Mr.bellafinzi
Can you tell me with some information about it topic*, planning urban to “suburbs” in your district, pleased.
The idea is learn to “quality of life”.
I’d like make confrontation with my region.
I see your picture of suburbs, it’s a good impression.
I’d like learn more about it is subject.

*The typical home in lots and street.

This had attended mine discussion in my place.

Thank you very much.

I’m from suburb the Mogi Guaçu, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

My name’s Rogerio.
E-mail. rogeriofocco@yahoo.com.br
Good bye.
Hi Rogerio,

I'm having trouble understanding what information you are seeking.

You asked about "The typical home in lots and street." This is hard to answer. There are so many different types of suburbs around America. For example, in the Town of Clay they place a limit on lot size to about a half acre (south of Route 31). Then one town over in the Town of Lysander, they have a part of town where lot sizes must be at least 1 acre or larger.

FoxFox, you asked about a house on a lake with about two acres. You might want to check out the Town of Sullivan in Madison County for homes on Oneida Lake. Other towns to look at include Otisco, Skaneateles, Cazenovia, Cicero, and maybe Lafayette around Jamesville Resevoir. There are many homes on large lots on the Seneca River and Oneida River too. But be careful and research if the property is in a flood zone near the rivers and lakes.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:15 AM

Dear friend.
Who can help me, to get information about the question “quality of live” in suburbs the cities Americans, please?
Say for me how you living in your suburb and how was the structure habiting urban.
I’d like don’t incommode!
The idea was make interchange information between us with my place.
Understood me?
It’s very important for me, all right!
Come in you make a visiting in my house!
I like makes friends in U.S.
Are you like to be my friend?

Thanks.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Quality of life

[quote=bellafinzi;464028]Hi Rogerio,

I'm having trouble understanding what information you are seeking.

You asked about "The typical home in lots and street." This is hard to answer. There are so many different types of suburbs around America. For example, in the Town of Clay they place a limit on lot size to about a half acre (south of Route 31). Then one town over in the Town of Lysander, they have a part of town where lot sizes must be at least 1 acre or larger.

Hi Bellafinzi,
Thanks for your attention.
I liked of the answer, I’m luck!
Sorry, will be one more objective and specific in mine questions, all right.
Don’t me abandon, please!
To tolerated with plus other questions.
* Which of small lot admit on your place?
* Which plan structural the lots, example, net water, net electrical, net sanitarian and other necessaries to home?

Sorry, to have your time, my friend.
Annex for you’re to explain a discussion of a thesis about this theme.
Sorry, it’s this in Portuguese language (wish in English?).
Thanks my friend.
Byes see you.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Quality of life in suburbs

Hi Bellafinzi,
Thanks for your attention.
I liked of the answer, I’m luck!
Sorry, will be one more objective and specific in mine questions, all right.
Don’t me abandon, please!
To tolerated with plus other questions.
* Which of small lot admit on your place?
* Which plan structural the lots, example, net water, net electrical, net sanitarian and other necessaries to home?

Sorry, to have your time, my friend.
Annex for you’re to explain a discussion of a thesis about this theme.
Sorry, it’s this in Portuguese language (wish in English?).
Thanks my friend.
Byes see you.

Last edited by rogeriofocco; 03-25-2007 at 04:23 PM..

Old 03-21-2007, 08:00 PM

rogeriofocco, sorry I can't help you more, I would if I could but your English is really bad. I'm a facts and stats type of guy, I'm not good at explaining myself in subjective topics like the "quality of life" in suburbs. Maybe someone else could help you there. Try the General US topics forum, you might get better answers there.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,713 times
I accidentally came across this forum and was very surprised. I live in Clay, moved here from NJ 17 years ago. At present I'm downsizing so I'll be putting my home up for sale in the next month. It's in the Fairway East development so the prices seem to be around $200,000+ depending on size. New sections are now being built but the houses are very close together.

My house is over 2500 sq. ft. living area. 4 bedrooms, 2-1/2 baths, large fenced in yard in addition to a partially finished basement that also has a full bath.

In any event, it was the best move I made and sure beats NJ.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:12 PM

That's great to hear Themis2k! Thanks for posting.

A little off topic, but just curious about where (in the North Syracuse area) did Richard Gere grow up? Anyone know the neighborhood? I was just watching Capital Tonight and it gave a couple interesting tib bits of info about the Syracuse area. One being that Richard Gere and Tom Cruise are both native to the Syracuse area. (Tom Cruise only spent the first few years of his life in the suburbs of Syracuse...while Richard Gere grew up the North Syracuse suburbs...attending NS schools I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area