Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,651 times

Advertisements

Hi
I've been browsing the forum for a few days and I believe you guys can help me out.
I'm a 25 yo brazilian female grad student who will be coming to SU as a visiting scholar next semester.
I need a place to sublease/rent from feb.1st to july 31 and I'm already in touch with some people who posted ads on craigslist/orange housing/etc
I still don't know if I'll buy a car and honestly it will depend on where I'll live and whether is possible to walk.
So, I'd like to get suggestion on safe places/neighborhoods around SU campus.

Does anyone has information on "University Area Apts"? I'm interested in a studio apt on university ave. 509 and am wondering if it's a good place...

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 10:23 PM

93,160 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prossini View Post
Hi
I've been browsing the forum for a few days and I believe you guys can help me out.
I'm a 25 yo brazilian female grad student who will be coming to SU as a visiting scholar next semester.
I need a place to sublease/rent from feb.1st to july 31 and I'm already in touch with some people who posted ads on craigslist/orange housing/etc
I still don't know if I'll buy a car and honestly it will depend on where I'll live and whether is possible to walk.
So, I'd like to get suggestion on safe places/neighborhoods around SU campus.

Does anyone has information on "University Area Apts"? I'm interested in a studio apt on university ave. 509 and am wondering if it's a good place...

Thanks
I don't know about the actual apartment itself, but you should be alright, as it is on the Connective Corridor and a couple of blocks away from Marshall Street. You can look into Nob Hill Apartments, which is where many international students stay and there is a shuttle that goes back and forth to campus. Many also stay I'm nearby apartments or those along the shuttle route too. Perhaps look into Maplewood Apartments just inside of the DeWitt town line. It isn't too far from campus as well.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,651 times
I've been considering that university ave studio - which seems to be really small - and also found one on hidden valley that seems nice and has free shuttle to SU.. any thoughts on that last one?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:36 PM

93,160 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prossini View Post
I've been considering that university ave studio - which seems to be really small - and also found one on hidden valley that seems nice and has free shuttle to SU.. any thoughts on that last one?
It seems to be OK. Many International students live there and it is on the Nob Hill shuttle bus line. They are kind of hidden and a little bit older, if I'm not mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area