Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Eastwood does have a cafe and two bookstores, but I don't believe that is a combination of both.
For at least awhile, I think Books and Melodies tried to do a light cafe within the bookstore, not sure if they're still doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 12:43 PM

368 posts, read 830,917 times
Pulaski is too far really. When Borders closed in Salmon Run I was hoping something would replace it. By replace I mean another type of bookstore, sadly that has not been the case. I don't know maybe book stores could be going the way of the doo doo bird. (spelling)

I visit libraries but the atmosphere is just not the same.

The OP is talking about opening a business and I hope they do come this way. What I do not want to see is anymore dollar stores or clothing stores.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:46 PM

93,188 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TughillTina View Post
Pulaski is too far really. When Borders closed in Salmon Run I was hoping something would replace it. By replace I mean another type of bookstore, sadly that has not been the case. I don't know maybe book stores could be going the way of the doo doo bird. (spelling)

I visit libraries but the atmosphere is just not the same.

The OP is talking about opening a business and I hope they do come this way. What I do not want to see is anymore dollar stores or clothing stores.
OK, I see what you mean. I'm surprised that no one has considered a bookstore/cafe for Downtown Watertown, which seems to be seeing some urban housing units and that new project at the former Mercy Hospital site underway soon, if it hasn't started already.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:09 PM

19 posts, read 30,475 times
Do not locate in the City of Syracuse. It has a crime rate to rival that of Miami.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Tyler View Post
Do not locate in the City of Syracuse. It has a crime rate to rival that of Miami.
Certain areas are better than others. I think most would take Syracuse over Miami in that regard.

OP, another specific area that could possibly work for your potential business is West Genesee Street in Downtown Baldwinsville has some buildings that may work for your business.
http://goo.gl/maps/FIMXj

Old 05-14-2014, 08:46 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Tyler View Post
Care to back that up?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:24 AM

201 posts, read 298,400 times
I would love to see a good coffee house in Bville. Right now there is Shamballa Cafe, housed in the Book Cellar, though, so that may be in the same space as OP's business model.

Shamballa Café & Coffee Roasters - Baldwinsville, New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Certain areas are better than others. I think most would take Syracuse over Miami in that regard.

OP, another specific area that could possibly work for your potential business is West Genesee Street in Downtown Baldwinsville has some buildings that may work for your business.
http://goo.gl/maps/FIMXj

Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthedream View Post
I would love to see a good coffee house in Bville. Right now there is Shamballa Cafe, housed in the Book Cellar, though, so that may be in the same space as OP's business model.

Shamballa Café & Coffee Roasters - Baldwinsville, New York
I wasn't sure, as I did see the Book Cellar on that same block. Thanks for clearing that up. Greater Baldwinsville is growing and may be able to support another cafe, but maybe in another part of the village. 13027 Zip Code

Also, this may be important to the OP, but the median home age in that area is actually a year younger than the national median age(1976 for B'ville vs 1975 nationally).

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 05-15-2014 at 09:52 AM..

Old 05-21-2014, 07:59 AM

102 posts, read 185,181 times
Fayettville is the best.... don't go anywhere else.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabest View Post
Fayettville is the best.... don't go anywhere else.
There are other areas that they can go to in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area