Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 10:32 AM

5 posts, read 5,858 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I'm an SU student from out of state that is looking for a decent apartment in a reasonably safe area. More specifically, I'm looking for a furnished apartment around the $600 a month range, with some room to accommodate up to a low $700 a month rent. The apartment would have to include utilities, or at the very least heat, gas/electric and internet. I've been looking around on sites like Apartment Finder and Orange Housing, but can't seem to find a good "sweet spot" of sorts; some are perfect in every aspect but lacking furnishings, or vice/versa. I was wondering if anyone from the area, natives or otherwise, could throw me a few pointers as to decent complexes, or even independent apartment listings suitable for myself and my budget. At the moment, I've found Norstar to be OK, however I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone from the complex to detail the pricing on furnished rooms. Thanks in advance!!

tl;dr I desperately need help finding a good apartment with utilities and furnishings included in the rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 12:26 PM

93,264 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Nob Hill is another one. There are similar threads on this forum as well.

Also, are you looking to stay pretty close to campus or are you open to looking further out?

Old 07-04-2014, 12:43 PM

5 posts, read 5,858 times
Thanks for the reply ckh, I saw nob hill but the furnished apartments were starting at $1,100 a month. So, rather out of my range tbh. I'd rather stay within a few miles of campus, so as to be able to save on time/gas going to class. And I'll check those threads out too!

Old 07-04-2014, 06:36 PM

If it is legit, something like this may work: https://syracuse.craigslist.org/apa/4472275494.html

Old 07-05-2014, 05:07 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
Honestly, I think it will be hard to find a 1BR that's fully furnished and utilities included for the price you're looking for. You'd have better luck with a room share than a 1BR. Perhaps contact the university to see if they offer any other assistance besides Orange Housing? Otherwise, Craigslist is your best bet.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:16 AM

7 posts, read 10,325 times
Hi SammieZ,

During my research for a fully furnished 1BR apartment I found such a place called "Brownstone Luxury Apartments" which has a rent of $650 and includes all the utilities. As far as I see from Google maps I found out that it is a little bit far away to the campus but if you have a car, I think it is in a reasonable distance. However I don't know anything about the safety of its location...

I could not considered this place since I have not SSN yet, if you are in the same situation with me be aware that they take 3 times the deposit before signing the lease. If you have SSN you only pay the default deposit as far as my discussions with this apartment complex.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3xx View Post
Hi SammieZ,

During my research for a fully furnished 1BR apartment I found such a place called "Brownstone Luxury Apartments" which has a rent of $650 and includes all the utilities. As far as I see from Google maps I found out that it is a little bit far away to the campus but if you have a car, I think it is in a reasonable distance. However I don't know anything about the safety of its location...

I could not considered this place since I have not SSN yet, if you are in the same situation with me be aware that they take 3 times the deposit before signing the lease. If you have SSN you only pay the default deposit as far as my discussions with this apartment complex.

Hope this helps.
I think Brownstone Luxury Apartments would be fine, given that it is on a busy street and you could possibly even walk to the Warehouse and catch the Connective Corridor Bus to campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area