Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 07:04 PM

277 posts, read 883,740 times

Advertisements

Thanks. That may gene been why the bus never came this past Sunday. I was checking the schedule. Next time I'll check for snow issues. Especially since the phone service is closed on Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 PM

93,168 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7035683216 View Post
Thanks. That may gene been why the bus never came this past Sunday. I was checking the schedule. Next time I'll check for snow issues. Especially since the phone service is closed on Sunday.
Sunday bus service is more spread out too. So, that could have been another reason.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:25 PM

24 posts, read 27,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7035683216 View Post
My last class will be end at 9pm, but I usually study at the library.

I moved to the area, and I decided to use the Shuttle for Tops. I have also taken a taxi to Trader Joe's for food. If you all have more ideas, just say so.

Thanks again for your help!
If you are living anywhere remotely close to SU then the shuttle to Tops is really your only realistic option until you make friends with someone with a car.

The Wegmans in Fayetteville is worth the drive. I shopped at Tops (used to be P&C) my sophomore year, but I began driving to Wegman's my junior year and never stopped. Groceries are cheaper there and selection is much better. Tops stores have the same model as Safeway and Kroger as in they have marked up groceries that require a shoppers card for discount. Wegmans is like HEB as in what you see is what you pay for. Occasionally they will run deals, but you do not need a card to get them. Anyway, that Tops store next to south campus hardly ever runs deals because they don't need to. The vast majority of off campus students shop there. Their produce is also some of the worst I have seen.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:39 AM

93,168 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddjembe mutombo View Post
If you are living anywhere remotely close to SU then the shuttle to Tops is really your only realistic option until you make friends with someone with a car.

The Wegmans in Fayetteville is worth the drive. I shopped at Tops (used to be P&C) my sophomore year, but I began driving to Wegman's my junior year and never stopped. Groceries are cheaper there and selection is much better. Tops stores have the same model as Safeway and Kroger as in they have marked up groceries that require a shoppers card for discount. Wegmans is like HEB as in what you see is what you pay for. Occasionally they will run deals, but you do not need a card to get them. Anyway, that Tops store next to south campus hardly ever runs deals because they don't need to. The vast majority of off campus students shop there. Their produce is also some of the worst I have seen.
Wegmans does have a Shoppers Card as well and you may/should use it anyway, IMO.

As it has been mentioned before, there's also the option of the Co-OP market on Kensington or if they can get a ride and if the OP lives where I think they live, try this market out too: Green Hills Farms
It can be a bit pricy, but there is some good/high quality stuff there. There is also an Aldi nearby.

There's also a few other markets on Erie Boulevard East not too far from campus as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area