Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 11:01 AM

214 posts, read 325,553 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband and I are getting ready to put our house on the market (again), and we're thinking that we'd like to rent a townhouse if it sells (before relocating). He works in North Syracuse, and my son goes to Jowonio for preschool, so anything near-ish to those two places would work. I have found Fayetteville Pines and Town House east in the FM area, but they don't seem to have very good reviews. Does anyone know of any other ones that we can look into? Otherwise, I'm sure we'll be able to find a regular one level apartment without any issues. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 12:55 PM

93,263 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady katie View Post
Hello, my husband and I are getting ready to put our house on the market (again), and we're thinking that we'd like to rent a townhouse if it sells (before relocating). He works in North Syracuse, and my son goes to Jowonio for preschool, so anything near-ish to those two places would work. I have found Fayetteville Pines and Town House east in the FM area, but they don't seem to have very good reviews. Does anyone know of any other ones that we can look into? Otherwise, I'm sure we'll be able to find a regular one level apartment without any issues. Thanks!
Perhaps try Orvilton Townhomes in DeWitt off of Orvilton Drive/Thompson Road. They close to Jowonio and aren't too far from 481. I believe that if you enter it in the search space, the number for the complex will be in one of the posts that comes up.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:39 AM

Perhaps a place like this may work as well: Liverpool Townhome

If it is where I think it is, it is set back and along Electronics Parkway.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:01 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
In terms of complexes, you may want to check out Eagles Pointe. They're very nice but were out of my price range when I was looking. Had some friends that lived there for a few years and liked it. Eagles Pointe | Dawn Homes Realty Investor

Old 02-25-2015, 11:15 AM

865 posts, read 2,161,075 times
I believe Academy Place also has townhomes for rent in Manlius.

Their apartments are super reasonably priced - I can't imagine their townhomes would be overpriced.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:28 PM

214 posts, read 325,553 times
Thanks, everyone!!

Old 02-27-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
I believe Academy Place also has townhomes for rent in Manlius.

Their apartments are super reasonably priced - I can't imagine their townhomes would be overpriced.
Here's some info: Longley Jones Management Corp. - Apartments - Standard Apartment Housing - Syracuse & Surrounding Areas - Academy Place at Verbeck

Here's another set of townhomes: Sutton Real Estate Company, LLC

Another one: Townhouse East

Old 03-05-2015, 11:35 AM

Perhaps another one: Townhouse For Rent

Old 03-07-2015, 07:05 PM

I don't know how long you are looking to stay in a townhouse, but this may be another option: Sedgwick Apartments Syracuse

They are roughly equidistant from Jowonio and North Syracuse.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I don't know how long you are looking to stay in a townhouse, but this may be another option: Sedgwick Apartments Syracuse

They are roughly equidistant from Jowonio and North Syracuse.
Just to give a further explanation for those that may not know and/or are in the same boat, Sedgwick is a nice, "old money" type of neighborhood on Syracuse's North Side bounded roughly by James Street to the south, DeWitt Street to the west, Grant Boulevard to the north and Teall Ave to the east. Here is the neighborhood association website: SEDGWICK FARM NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION

This is another townhome I found that is located in the Sunflower Park/Drive neighborhood in the town of Salina(Liverpool area): D.N.Drucker Ltd. :: Real Estate and Brokerage Company
It puts you pretty close to North Syracuse and while it is almost across town from Jowonio, it is very close to the Thruway and minutes from I-81 access. There are surface street/road routes from this location that can get you to Jowonio within a reasonable time too. There is a small park hidden within that neighborhood(Sunflower Park) with playgrounds and a Basketball court, as well as quite a bit of greenspace.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-08-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area