Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2023, 07:10 PM

289 posts, read 255,459 times

Advertisements

Hi All. My wife will be traveling to Syracuse tomorrow for IVF treatment at CNY. As part of the IVF process, she has to take several medications leading up to the transfer and afterward as well. Two of those medications are administered via injection, and I usually help her with those. Unfortunately, I will not be able to travel with her, and she is extremely anxious at the thought of having to jab herself. One of the medication isn't a big deal as the needle is short and a very small gauge, but the other one is delivered through a larger gauge needle that is about two inches long and is delivered in her backside.

I am writing to see if anyone in the area has any suggestions to help my very nervous wife. To be clear, I am not looking to find a stranger on here who wants to jab my wife's derriere after he finishes his shift at the factory. If you are a nurse, she might want to hear more about you, but really, we are looking for possible solutions that only a local might be aware of. Small local clinic? Urgent care? I really don't know Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by carlito2002wgn; 03-08-2023 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2023, 07:48 PM

93,402 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito2002wgn View Post
Hi All. My wife will be traveling to Syracuse tomorrow for IVF treatment at CNY. As part of the IVF process, she has to take several medications leading up to the transfer and afterward as well. Two of those medications are administered via injection, and I usually help her with those. Unfortunately, I will not be able to travel with her, and she is extremely anxious at the thought of having to jab herself. One of the medication isn't a big deal as the needle is short and a very small gauge, but the other one is delivered through a larger gauge needle that is about two inches long and is delivered in her backside.

I am writing to see if anyone in the area has any suggestions to help my very nervous wife. To be clear, I am not looking to find a stranger on here who wants to jab my wife's derriere after he finishes his shift at the factory. If you are a nurse, she might want to hear more about you, but really, we are looking for possible solutions that only a local might be aware of. Small local clinic? Urgent care? I really don't know Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Perhaps a Wellnow location, one of the local hospitals(there are 5 including the VA Hospital(Crouse, St. Joseph’s and the 2 Upstate Medical locations(Community General on Onondaga Hill and on University Hill) and one of the medical centers (multiple locations like North Medical in Clay, North East Medical in Fayetteville, West Medical in Camillus, Syracuse Community Health Center(multiple locations, with the main location just south of Downtown) come to mind.

Old 03-09-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Perhaps a Wellnow location, one of the local hospitals(there are 5 including the VA Hospital(Crouse, St. Joseph’s and the 2 Upstate Medical locations(Community General on Onondaga Hill and on University Hill) and one of the medical centers (multiple locations like North Medical in Clay, North East Medical in Fayetteville, West Medical in Camillus, Syracuse Community Health Center(multiple locations, with the main location just south of Downtown) come to mind.
Thank you for your suggestions. My wife decided to take a later (muck later) flight which means that I will be able to give her the injections prior to her departure.

Thanks again! It was much appreciated.

Old 03-09-2023, 09:13 AM

93,402 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito2002wgn View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. My wife decided to take a later (muck later) flight which means that I will be able to give her the injections prior to her departure.

Thanks again! It was much appreciated.
No problem...Where is she coming from?

Old 03-13-2023, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
No problem...Where is she coming from?
My wife came back home to Raleigh, NC form Syracuse via Philly on Saturday. It was a stressful trip for obvious reasons, but then there were delays and cancellations of flights due to, both, staffing issues and weather, so that just added to her stresses.

Anyway, all is good now. Plus, I got a cheesesteak out of her trip (taste of home for me)

Thanks again for your earlier suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area