Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 06:58 AM

51 posts, read 46,045 times

Advertisements

I just saw what you sent and it does offer a school rank (but I'd still like to hear your opinion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 08:22 AM

93,293 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhWell... View Post
I just saw what you sent and it does offer a school rank (but I'd still like to hear your opinion).
To be honest, the rankings you see on sites like greatschools and the like are largely based upon test scores. North Syracuse is a big school district that will have schools with different rankings, but I wouldn't say that any of them are "bad". With that said, I'd say that if you go by rankings, the portion of the district in the areas mentioned tend to have higher rankings. Same with Liverpool. These rankings can change in a yearly basis, it as mentioned, I wouldn't say that any are bad. You can view info by school district as well and keep in mind that test scores changed with the standards, which were increased: North Syracuse Central School District - USA.com™

Liverpool Central School District - USA.com™

Central Square Central School District - USA.com™

Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District - USA.com™

Jamesville-DeWitt Central School District - USA.com™

East Syracuse-Minoa Central School District - USA.com™

Baldwinsville Central School District - USA.com™

Westhill Central School District - USA.com™

West Genesee Central School District - USA.com™

Onondaga Central School District - USA.com™

Marcellus Central School District - USA.com™

Skaneateles Central School District - USA.com™

Cazenovia Central School District - USA.com™

Chittenango Central School District - USA.com™

Personally, I'd say to go for it if you actually like what you see in that area, as it fits a lot of what you are looking for and it is a growing area. So, there is demand for the area.

I'd also say to look into similar areas in the Western suburbs(West Genesee, Westhill, Marcellus, etc) for similar reasons.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-18-2016 at 08:31 AM..

Old 12-18-2016, 06:30 PM

This may help as well: //www.city-data.com/forum/syrac...-6-figure.html

Old 12-18-2016, 06:50 PM

29 posts, read 20,939 times
I think you can't beat FM and JD.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:18 AM

This community just outside of the village of Fayetteville just came to mind, but I'm not sure if it would all of the housing criteria and it does have an HOA: Kimry Moor

Old 01-04-2017, 08:48 AM

23 posts, read 24,147 times
We are selling our house in Manlius (town of pompey: cheaper taxes) we moved there 4 years ago and now are in CT. FM school as are amazing as is JD. I will say moving to syracuse from South Carolina, Syracuse knows how to take care of their roads ASAP when they get snow, so it's really not bad unless it's coming down faster than normal.
Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area