Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 02:14 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joey A View Post
ckhtankgod and others...

if you had about 200-250k for a house...

Sedgwick or Clay, NY?
What else are you looking for? If schools aren't an issue or are open to other options, I'd actually say Sedgwick. If they are, Clay. Again, this will depend on what you are looking for though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 02:44 PM

60 posts, read 48,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What else are you looking for? If schools aren't an issue or are open to other options, I'd actually say Sedgwick. If they are, Clay. Again, this will depend on what you are looking for though.
Value.Community feel.

Seems like Clay has the value, but not the community feel.

Sedwick probably has more crime though.

Schools, I could care less.

Thanks for your input !

Old 07-18-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Value.Community feel.

Seems like Clay has the value, but not the community feel.

Sedwick probably has more crime though.

Schools, I could care less.

Thanks for your input !
I wouldn't call Sedgwick a high crime area or to even say that it necessarily has more crime, as it is hard to compare a neighborhood with a few thousand people or so with a town of 60,000 that has some variation.

I'd say that if you are look for a sense of community, consider some of the villages as well.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:37 PM

34 posts, read 26,451 times
Quote:
Joel Skousen (Strategic Relocation Book), a great man of our times mentioned that Clay, NY has the lowest crime rate in the USA...and with the great housing prices....I am considering Clay, NY over some of the nicer areas close to the city of Syracuse, like Sedgwick, etc....

My question...what is it like in Clay, NY?

I am at the point in my life where all I want is to read my Bible, relax, and take it easy.

Thanks !
The town of Clay is very nice area with very low crime. I spent a lot of my childhood there and in 30+ it has not changed too much. It has a quiet laid-back feel to it. As previously mentioned, it's a large area with a lot of nice communities. Ample shopping and restaurants exist without the congestion. The town of Cicero, adjacent to Clay is also nice. I spent some of my childhood there too.

Last edited by T.Biddle; 09-06-2017 at 03:41 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Biddle View Post
The town of Clay is very nice area with very low crime. I spent a lot of my childhood there and in 30+ it has not changed too much. It has a quiet laid-back feel to it. As previously mentioned, it's a large area with a lot of nice communities. Ample shopping and restaurants exist without the congestion. The town of Cicero, adjacent to Clay is also nice. I spent some of my childhood there too.
Would you consider Cicero better than Liverpool...or are there better areas in North Syracuse than these?

Thanks !

Old 09-08-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Would you consider Cicero better than Liverpool...or are there better areas in North Syracuse than these?

Thanks !
North Syracuse is a village, as is Liverpool and Cicero is a town. If you are referring to the general area/school districts(Liverpool and North Syracuse), they are very similar in terms of population and other aspects.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:17 AM

34 posts, read 26,451 times
Quote:

Thanks !
Exactly what ckhthankgod said. It's important to know that the village of Liverpool is in the town of Salina and the village of North Syracuse is contained in portions of Salina, Clay, and Cicero. A little confusing perhaps.

North Syracuse and Liverpool are both very nice communities and you can't go wrong with either. Liverpool's location on Onondaga Lake makes an especially nice place.

Cicero and Clay are identical in square miles but clay contains exactly twice as many people. Cicero probably has more rural areas.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Biddle View Post
Exactly what ckhthankgod said. It's important to know that the village of Liverpool is in the town of Salina and the village of North Syracuse is contained in portions of Salina, Clay, and Cicero. A little confusing perhaps.

North Syracuse and Liverpool are both very nice communities and you can't go wrong with either. Liverpool's location on Onondaga Lake makes an especially nice place.

Cicero and Clay are identical in square miles but clay contains exactly twice as many people. Cicero probably has more rural areas.
Yes, Liverpool it is...haven't been there in years...but I do remember a popular restaurant in town there...a diner type place, but much more high end.

Anyone know the name?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, Liverpool it is...haven't been there in years...but I do remember a popular restaurant in town there...a diner type place, but much more high end.

Anyone know the name?
Are you referring to this?: The Retreat | Great Food

Old 09-08-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Are you referring to this?: The Retreat | Great Food
Yes, that is it. Thanks !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area