Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 AM

93,128 posts, read 123,754,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelon56 View Post
Oswego is closer to a one hour commute in good weather and longer in bad weather.
That's why I went with the Central Square and Phoenix areas. You can do Oswego in 45 minutes, depending on where in Syracuse you are going to or coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 PM

4 posts, read 14,385 times
Haven't been able to check and answer lately, but plans are still to move asap. Right now we are running into difficulty selling this place. This area runs about 6 mo or so behind curve and the market is slow. Anyway, we are still searching and haven't decided on an area yet, around Syracuse I mean, because central upstate NY is our top priority now. Any comments on life there would be gratefully received. I recall a fish market that, on friday, would not only sell you freah fish, but cook it up to your order. Is it still in Syracuse?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:57 PM

93,128 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdhrdr View Post
Haven't been able to check and answer lately, but plans are still to move asap. Right now we are running into difficulty selling this place. This area runs about 6 mo or so behind curve and the market is slow. Anyway, we are still searching and haven't decided on an area yet, around Syracuse I mean, because central upstate NY is our top priority now. Any comments on life there would be gratefully received. I recall a fish market that, on friday, would not only sell you freah fish, but cook it up to your order. Is it still in Syracuse?
Do you know if it was in the city of Syracuse or in the surrounding area? I'm thinking that places like Fish Cove(has various locations, but I know the Shop City location can get packed), CJ's on Teall Ave. in Lyncourt and Sal's on Brewerton Road in the North Syracuse/Mattydale area still do that.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 AM

845 posts, read 1,687,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdhrdr View Post
I recall a fish market that, on friday, would not only sell you fresh fish, but cook it up to your order. Is it still in Syracuse?
There used to a few neighborhood fish markets that did that including one on Brighton Ave at the corner of Cannon Street (South side). These days most of the fish fry places just sell fish and the limited number of fish/seafood stores don't offer frying services even on Friday. I think Sal's may be an exception to that. One of the new competitors is Price Chopper grocery store (not sure if Wegman's offers the service or not). Price Chopper's fish department sells fish by the pound and on Friday will fry it for you at no extra cost. The fish is fine but I prefer the neighborly feel of a traditional fish fry place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area